American Standard Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrfixit

Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet

I have the HDepot version Cadet 3 FlowWise 2-piece Elongated. It is the 'right height' ADA size, has 'special' finish which is not necessarily impressive bc it really doesn't prevent pee slime (from not flushing overnight).
In about two years, only one clog (and really, that was an impossible load).
Uses common Fluidmaster off the shelf ballcock and flapper, so there will never be parts availability issues.
The HD package has absolute junk for free accessories, a cheap plastic seat (can't give it away), not-brass closet bolts...
Sometimes incredible price...RTM $179. in elongated.
I have access to contractor pricing at all my local plumbing supply houses, but this is a great choice at a great price.
Toto Entrada is a cheap WC that flushes as well but not as cute and the cheap green ballcocks they use suck badly if service is needed.

I have the HDepot version Cadet 3 FlowWise 2-piece Elongated. It is the 'right height' ADA size, has 'special' finish which is not necessarily impressive bc it really doesn't prevent pee slime (from not flushing overnight).
In about two years, only one clog (and really, that was an impossible load).
Uses common Fluidmaster off the shelf ballcock and flapper, so there will never be parts availability issues.
The HD package has absolute junk for free accessories, a cheap plastic seat (can't give it away), not-brass closet bolts...
Sometimes incredible price...RTM $179. in elongated.
I have access to contractor pricing at all my local plumbing supply houses, but this is a great choice at a great price.
Toto Entrada is a cheap WC that flushes as well but not as cute and the cheap green ballcocks they use suck badly if service is needed.
Thank you for your input on this toilet.

Latest posts

Back