American Standard Lowboy (one piece)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I myself prefer Kohler. I have 4 toilets in two houses, and besides maybe a flapper every three years, they run flawless. I once purchased a HD brand Pegasus pot filler faucet, and has leaked since day one. Yeah, I call the company and they send out replacement parts, but I'm really tired of the constant rebuilding. As said before, some of the folks here are tried and true plumbers, and they have already provided their thoughts. Nothing will change an experienced plumber's mind with a new fangled doohickey. :)

I have 8 toilets total. My 3 Mansfield toilets are the weakest flushers.

4 I use and 4 are rentals. The majority of complaints come from leaky flappers and from leaks from the tank to bowl bolts.

My favorite bathroom faucet is the $19.95 white handle old style Glacier Bay from HD. They are great looking, smooth as silk, and never leak.

I have gold handle expensive Moens and they do not compare.

I have owned 9 houses and have used American Standard, Delta, Eljer, and Glacier Bay.

To date, I have never had a problem with the Glacier Bay brand.

I have 4 Delta single handle shower faucets and periodically I have to change the black cup washers and springs that seal to the ball.

BTW One of the hardest day's work in my life was at age 15 when I unloaded a truck load of 6" double hub cast iron pipe for my father's wholesale plumbing supply store. Whew!

If we did not accept change we would still be using cast iron, and wiping joints with lead and oakem instead of using PVC and solvent.

Yeah, guys...definitely a rep. for the product. BTW, boytonstu, we still use cast iron and 'pack' joints with lead and oakum.
Keep a better handle on the lines of bull-crap...no too much, too fast. When selling the product, you used too many of examples from other salesman's stories...it's easier to keep track of your own fabrications instead of relying on other's. I know that it's hard to come to terms with the fact that you will never actually BE a plumber, but maybe by selling the products you can feel closer to us and have some sort of commonality....kinda like how a medical supplies salesman dreams of being a doctor.
Now if you would like further advice on how to handle the personality disorder that was created by the other things that happened to you when you were 15 years old and hanging out at the supply house, you need to find another forum.
Remember that even if WE ignore you, you are important and what you have to say REALLY DOES matter.
Nah, who am I trying to kid....what you have to say isn't important.:D

Yeah, guys...definitely a rep. for the product. BTW, boytonstu, we still use cast iron and 'pack' joints with lead and oakum.
Keep a better handle on the lines of bull-crap...no too much, too fast. When selling the product, you used too many of examples from other salesman's stories...it's easier to keep track of your own fabrications instead of relying on other's. I know that it's hard to come to terms with the fact that you will never actually BE a plumber, but maybe by selling the products you can feel closer to us and have some sort of commonality....kinda like how a medical supplies salesman dreams of being a doctor.
Now if you would like further advice on how to handle the personality disorder that was created by the other things that happened to you when you were 15 years old and hanging out at the supply house, you need to find another forum.
Remember that even if WE ignore you, you are important and what you have to say REALLY DOES matter.
Nah, who am I trying to kid....what you have to say isn't important.:D

How many flapperless toilets have you installed/serviced?

I have never installed any?

Are we equal in experience when it comes to actual flapperless design experience?

To date, all so called "professional" plumbers on forums could not locate the 'impossible to find parts' that they could buy for $10 with free shipping from Home Depot? Keep a spare in the truck? Learn how to Google "Flapperless repair parts"?

Consider the business potential of repairing flapperless toilets with your instant stock of impossible to find parts.

To become a real plumber do I have to first learn how to personally attack a poster instead of contributing factual information?

Last edited:
It appears this horse has officially been beaten to death. For this reason, the thread is officially closed.

mod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back