ALL OF MY MESSAGES ON HERE HAVE BEEN DELETED / REMOVED FROM THE FORUM

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRISM

BUILDING SERVICES ENG MSc
Professional
Reaction score
Hello All,

I know that I should probably address this to a Forum Moderator but I am guessing that one of the Moderators will see this thread - and perhaps what I have described has also happened to other Members ?

The recent daily Emails that we are receiving from the Forum regarding `Yesterday`s Forum Activity` reminded me recently to come back and look again at some of the Topics mentioned in the Emails.

I needed to Log In to access some of the Photos attached to messages and I then went to my Profile and tried to view some of my previous messages / replies to threads only to find that none of them are showing on my Profile - as if I had never posted any messages on the Forum at all.

Although it is quite a while since I posted on the Forum I am still showing as a Member and was able to Log In - I updated my Profile a few Days ago - just updating the amount of Years that I have been running my Business - that is showing on my Profile [twice] but no previous messages at all.

I am wondering what has happened to the list of my `Activity` on the Forum ?

Regards,

CHRISM

Last edited:
Chrism, welcome back. As far as I know, when we moved our files from the old vB software to the new Xenforo software, we did not lose any content. I'm wondering because of the time lapse, it cleaned your profile page? I really don't know the answer. I was around when you were active here, and remember that you were a great asset here. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. Just click on my name above my avatar, and start a conversation with me.

Are you saying posts or your private messages?

I see what you are saying. Sending a message to see if developer can find where the other 195 messages have gone.

Are you saying posts or your private messages?

Hello Angie,

Thanks for replying to my thread.

All of my Posts have disappeared from being accessible via my Profile webpage.

It is as if I have never posted any messages on the Forum - my Avatar shows my previous 195 messages / posts.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
You're welcome. And I've sent a message to see what happened and if we can get the posts back. Thanks for letting us know of this glitch in the transfer.

Chris - what is the approximate timeframe of most of your posts? I'm checking some of the backend stuff and that timeframe sure would help me look better.

Chris - what is the approximate timeframe of most of your posts? I'm checking some of the backend stuff and that timeframe sure would help me look better.

Hello Admin,

As I joined the Forum in March 2010 I would guess that most of my messages / posts were in the years 2010 - 2013 / 2014 - there were a couple in 2015 and I think one in 2017.

Although I posted 195 messages I only received 5 `Likes` - I did manage to view those `Liked messages` a few days ago - perhaps You could also find those messages although I don`t know if they would have any relevance to what you are trying to do regarding trying to reinstate access to my 195 previous messages from my Profile webpage ?

I think from memory the 5 `Liked messages` were from 2015 and 2017 ?

Strangely on my Profile webpage the list of `Likes received` shows the 5 messages all dated 3rd April - although if You click onto a message the actual date that it was posted does show.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
He was active about 3 years ago. That's where I'd start.

Hello havasu,

Thanks for your interest - as You suggested in your first message to Me I did send you a Private message / `Start a Conversation` - did You receive it ?

I only ask to check whether my `Start a Conversation` message did get sent to You ?

Regards,

Chris

Hello again Angie / Admin,

I take it that You have not been able to find any way to allow me to regain access to my previous Forum posts from my Profile webpage ?

Did You find any other examples of this happening to other Members ?

I know that You would have contacted me either by replying on this thread or by Private message if any `Fix` had been found but I thought that you would not mind if I asked about the situation as approximately 5 weeks have now elapsed since I posted this thread.

Thank You very much for trying to help with this.

Regards,

Chris

Chrism, I tore the back end apart, looking for what may have happened. Even every deleted thread/post done by a mod or admin will show up as an action, which can be viewed. The only way these posts/threads could be deleted is by the author of the thread/post. I do know when there was some unfriendly dialog occurring a few years back, there was some self destructing of posts and threads, which is when we had to introduce protections to safeguard from kamikaze pilots. If you don't mind, I will make a suggestion. Let's move forward from this point forward and forget the past.

Hi Chris,
Sorry to see that your old posts disappeared. Although some were pretty long and well written, I enjoyed reading them.

Chrism, I tore the back end apart, looking for what may have happened. Even every deleted thread/post done by a mod or admin will show up as an action, which can be viewed. The only way these posts/threads could be deleted is by the author of the thread/post. I do know when there was some unfriendly dialog occurring a few years back, there was some self destructing of posts and threads, which is when we had to introduce protections to safeguard from kamikaze pilots. If you don't mind, I will make a suggestion. Let's move forward from this point forward and forget the past.

Hello again havasu,

Thanks for your message.

Thank You very much for spending so much of your time trying to help me with this - I really appreciate it.

As I wrote in my latest message to Admin / Angie who suggested as You have that only a Moderator or the Author of messages could ever deleted them in the past - I definitely did not delete my 195 previous messages.

However - again as I wrote to Admin / Angie - I now believe that my 195 messages are still on the Forum - I have just `lost` the facility to access them via selecting them from a list on my Profile webpage.

Today I have been looking through the Forum to see if I could find some of my replies to threads or any threads authored by me starting at the beginning of 2011 - I have found some by trying to remember thread titles which would have interested me enough to respond to them at the time.

Having found some of my replies I think that the above is correct - my messages have NOT been deleted / `lost` - they are all still on the Forum but not listed on my Profile.

I am very grateful for the time that You and Angie have spent trying to help me with this and I do not expect You to spend any more time on it but do you know whether there is any way to `update` my Profile which might then `find` and list my previous 195 messages ?

I would like to be able to look back at what I wrote in those previous messages if it is possible to get the list back onto my Profile.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
Looking in the back just now, I did find two versions of your profile, but that is all that showed up. Here is a list of any and all posts you made, which is obviously not the 200 previous posts.

Search Again
Moderator Tools

1. Post
    Hello again havasu, Thanks for your message. Thank You very much for spending so much of your time trying to help me with this - I really...
    Post by: CHRISM, Today at 10:11 AM in forum: General Discussion

2. Post
    Hello again Angie / Admin, I take it that You have not been able to find any way to allow me to regain access to my previous Forum posts from my...
    Post by: CHRISM, Sunday at 10:53 AM in forum: General Discussion

3. Post
    Hello havasu, Thanks for your interest - as You suggested in your first message to Me I did send you a Private message / `Start a Conversation` -...
    Post by: CHRISM, May 4, 2018 in forum: General Discussion

4. Post
    Hello Admin, As I joined the Forum in March 2010 I would guess that most of my messages / posts were in the years 2010 - 2013 / 2014 - there were...
    Post by: CHRISM, May 4, 2018 in forum: General Discussion

5. Post
    Hello again Angie, Thank You very much for your help with this. Regards, Chris
    Post by: CHRISM, May 3, 2018 in forum: General Discussion

6. Post
    Hello Angie, Thanks for replying to my thread. All of my Posts have disappeared from being accessible via my Profile webpage. It is as if I...
    Post by: CHRISM, May 3, 2018 in forum: General Discussion

7. Thread
    Hello All, I know that I should probably address this to a Forum Moderator but I am guessing that one of the Moderators will see this thread -...
    Thread by: CHRISM, May 3, 2018, 16 replies, in forum: General Discussion

8. Profile Post
    BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEER MSc. - QUALIFIED IN HEATING, PLUMBING & GAS - RUNNING MY OWN...
    BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEER MSc. - QUALIFIED IN HEATING, PLUMBING & GAS - RUNNING MY OWN BUSINESS FOR 38 YEARS
    Status Update by CHRISM, Apr 19, 2018

9. Profile Post
    I HAVE BEEN IN THE PLUMBING, HEATING AND GAS INDUSTRIES FOR 48 YEARS [`ON THE TOOLS` FOR 40...
    I HAVE BEEN IN THE PLUMBING, HEATING AND GAS INDUSTRIES FOR 48 YEARS [`ON THE TOOLS` FOR 40 YEARS] 38 YEARS RUNNING MY OWN BUSINESS.
    Status Update by CHRISM, Apr 19, 2018
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search Again

Last edited:
Hello again havasu,

Thank You very much for all of your efforts and the time that you have spent trying to resolve this for me - I have really appreciated your attempts to help.

Yesterday when as I previously wrote I was trawling through the Forum threads looking for titles which might have attracted my interest in the past I did manage to find about 12 of my previous messages between about the beginning of 2011 and page number 220 [on the list of thread pages] so as I wrote I am sure that all of my messages / replies / threads are still on the Forum but cannot be accessed from my Profile page.

When I asked about `updating my Profile` I just wondered if there was any facility for a Moderator to do that which would then `Find` my Forum messages and list them again on my Profile - but obviously that facility does not exist because You would know about it.

Thanks again for all of your help and Thanks also to Angie / Admin for her efforts.

Regards,

Chris

I was just looking for some of my threads I started on " how to "
ALL of my threads are gone.
Or appear to be. when I click on header bar above " My Threads" I get Zero results.
when I look at " My replies " they only go back as far as April 2018

Latest posts

Back