ALL OF MY MESSAGES ON HERE HAVE BEEN DELETED / REMOVED FROM THE FORUM

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

When I posted this thread I was hoping that as well as possibly finding some way to reinstate access to my previous messages via my Forum Profile page it would also prompt responses from other Members who were having the same issue.

I was expecting that I would NOT be the only Member that this situation had happened to.

Thank You Mr_David for replying stating that You also have `Lost access` to your messages because a list of those messages has disappeared.

I wonder how many other Members would also find that this has happened if they try to access a list of their previous messages ?

Regards,

Chris

Chris, I just dug deep into my own history and found my first post (actually my oldest post) was dated march 31, 2018, the day the Xenforo transition occurred. It appears the old vBulletin material did not transfer to the Xenforo software. Now that this has been established, I will ask the owner of this forum to find out if this was done in error, or by design.

Thanks guys, I'll see about getting the information to those that may be able to do something about it.

Chris, I just dug deep into my own history and found my first post (actually my oldest post) was dated march 31, 2018, the day the Xenforo transition occurred. It appears the old vBulletin material did not transfer to the Xenforo software. Now that this has been established, I will ask the owner of this forum to find out if this was done in error, or by design.

Hello again havasu,

Thanks for your message - so a similar situation has also happened to your and Mr_David`s previous messages.

I cannot imagine that the Forum owner will state that this situation where Members `previous message lists` have been lost was designed to be an outcome of the change of Forum Software - deliberately removing the Lists would not `save` any significant Memory / Storage so it would make no sense to have designed those Lists out of the Forum / new Software.

Earlier Today I found more of my previous messages within the `Professional Plumbers` section of the Forum so I am absolutely convinced that ALL of my previous messages are still on the Forum,

But as We now seem to have established at least for You, Mr_David and myself the Lists of those messages where we should be able to access individual messages have somehow disappeared.

I was resigned to the situation being irretrievable but now that You and Mr_David have found yourselves in the same / a similar situation - and possibly ALL Members ? - I agree that it is worth enquiring with the Forum owner / the new Software provider.

Thanks again for your ongoing help with this.

Regards,

Chris

Okay! I think it's fixed.

Go to SEARCH,
Use the MORE feature.
I tested CHRISM, set back to Jan 1 2010. There are 10 pages of posts using that date.
(this is from page 10 of the search
https://www.plumbingforums.com/threads/my-post-about-a-water-heater-installation.449/#post-3564)

Give it a try.

Hello Angie,

Thank You very much !

Did You have to `Do` something to get the Search to find my previous messages because what You described was the first thing that I tried before posting this thread and I had tried it again a couple of weeks ago.

My first thoughts after finding out that there was no List of my previous [approx. 195] messages on my Profile was to do a Search of my Forum name which I thought would bring up all of those messages - it did NOT.

The first Search just brought up my Profile message and the second Search just brought up the first few my messages on this thread - up to the date of that Search.

Did You have to configure something that caused the Search to now find all of my messages ?

If not I cannot imagine why / how my previous 2 Searches found only what I described above and NOT a full list of my messages ?

Once again "Thank You very much Angie" and also to havasu for all of your time and effort in investigating this for Me - I have really appreciated it.

Regards,

Chris

P.S: Can You please remind me how to remove the Lines that have now appeared through my lines of text ?

Yes, I had to run an update on everything.

Awesome Angie. I found my first post from Jan 8, 2010. Wow, lots of stuff has happened since then!

Thanks for your help on this!

Awesome!!! I have access to my old threads. There some good stuff there. Some junk threads as well.

Can I delete some of those threads I started that really don't serve much purpose here?

Thanks Angie

Awesome!!! I have access to my old threads. There some good stuff there. Some junk threads as well.

Can I delete some of those threads I started that really don't serve much purpose here?

Thanks Angie

Naw, on the delete. After spending all this time finding everything via Search, I think we need to keep them. We don't usually go deleting posts. Who knows, they may mean something to a new comer.

Hello Angie,

Thank You very much !

Did You have to `Do` something to get the Search to find my previous messages because what You described was the first thing that I tried before posting this thread and I had tried it again a couple of weeks ago.

My first thoughts after finding out that there was no List of my previous [approx. 195] messages on my Profile was to do a Search of my Forum name which I thought would bring up all of those messages - it did NOT.

The first Search just brought up my Profile message and the second Search just brought up the first few my messages on this thread - up to the date of that Search.

Did You have to configure something that caused the Search to now find all of my messages ?

If not I cannot imagine why / how my previous 2 Searches found only what I described above and NOT a full list of my messages ?

Once again "Thank You very much Angie" and also to havasu for all of your time and effort in investigating this for Me - I have really appreciated it.

Regards,

Chris

P.S: Can You please remind me how to remove the Lines that have now appeared through my lines of text ?

Hello again Angie,

Thanks again for all of your efforts in resolving the situation that I posted this thread about.

I have now found that I can access all of my previous messages from my Profile webpage again without having to do a `Forum Search` using my Member name.

I am guessing that You had to do some further `tweaking` after your last message to me to enable that ?

So everything is back to normal regarding being able to find my / Members previous activity on the Forum - "Thanks very much".

Regards,

Chris

Latest posts

Back