Alien toilet fixture parts

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayley3

Reaction score
Can someone look at this picture and tell me, firstly why do I have two flappers and how to fix it, it is hit and miss on flushing. At first the tank didn't feel so I couldn't flush at all. I pulled up a rod and the level rose but I have NEVER in my life seen such a mess inside a toilet tank.

Attachments

• Alien toilet fixture.jpg
    Alien toilet fixture.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
I installed something similar at work after I installed it I opened the tank cover ,and though
Can't wait to work on this!!!!!!!
The bad thing is I'm not very handy, but I learned how to fix my toilet at the last place, by replacing all those parts, and now I have an alien toilet! I will do as suggested and just replace it.

It really is just two flappers instead of one.
The ballcock (fill valve) is basic Fluidmaster with a $2. seal part available at any hardware store.

Sad part is that some people at American Standard think that’s a good design.

This is their way of getting more water flushing at one time. Hayley, there are directions on you tube on how to adjust
those flappers. This thing has a limited lifetime warranty. Check it out.

This is their way of getting more water flushing at one time. Hayley, there are directions on you tube on how to adjust
those flappers. This thing has a limited lifetime warranty. Check it out.
Thanks Tom. Haven't found the adjustment video but have watched a few on this particular toilet. I think it's the fill valve that is having the issues. The flush valves look new but are about $70 to replace..wow. My last toilet was a super flush and I believe made by gerber.

Exactly, there are toilets that use common flappers that flush great. No need for a $70 tank part.

IMO they went to marketing school longer than they did engineering school at American Standard.

Who remembers the disaster of the first generation American Standard Champion toilets ?

How about the tilt-back flushvalve of the 70’s ? Pure POS.

Who is dealing with their crappy Blue American standard flush seal and the red oring ? I’ve started replacing the factory parts with a whole new flushvalve because their crap doesn’t work……..

If you can’t get the parts for a toilet at ANY hardware store……DONT BUY IT

It looks like its a 7 or 8 dollar fluidmaster. Go ahead and replace it if you feel its bad. Don't forget there's gasket
on top of the unit that can be changed. Maybe try it first. Many videos on this subject. We can help you too.

Exactly, there are toilets that use common flappers that flush great. No need for a $70 tank part.

IMO they went to marketing school longer than they did engineering school at American Standard.

Who remembers the disaster of the first generation American Standard Champion toilets ?

How about the tilt-back flushvalve of the 70’s ? Pure POS.

Who is dealing with their crappy Blue American standard flush seal and the red oring ? I’ve started replacing the factory parts with a whole new flushvalve because their crap doesn’t work……..

If you can’t get the parts for a toilet at ANY hardware store……DONT BUY IT
I agree , that is the problem with American standard , you cannot get parts at any mom and pop hardware store

So I found out that the tank is not filling and I accidentally touched the adjustment screw and the water tank fills up like it should. LOL
But I already have a Fluidmaster fill valve and it's different.
So why would just touching it make the water fill again, I wonder? It also does it intermittently...not filling up.

Latest posts

Back