Alarm Switch Height

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickwhoo

Reaction score
My tank alarm is going off. The switch has come loose from the proper setting. How high should the float switch be set at for proper working.

My tank alarm is going off. The switch has come loose from the proper setting. How high should the float switch be set at for proper working.
the info you gave doesn't give us much to go on....i would
1.if you know the manufacturer contact them
2 them maybe able to tell you the length of the cord
3 if its a small ejector you can lengthen or shorten the cord there sometimes is a loop with a screw in it,loosen it and pull or push the cord according height of the water when the float activates the pump

It's one of those floating switches. Same kind that activates the pump. A wire tie that holds the wire from the floating switch broke off and now the floating switch is hanging near the bottom of the tank. I just need to re-attach the wire at the correct position on the pipe. How high should it be?

It's one of those floating switches. Same kind that activates the pump. A wire tie that holds the wire from the floating switch broke off and now the floating switch is hanging near the bottom of the tank. I just need to re-attach the wire at the correct position on the pipe. How high should it be?
if you look at the cable you can probably see a crease in the cable were it once was attached or you could fool around with the heihghts

if you look at the cable you can probably see a crease in the cable were it once was attached or you could fool around with the heihghts
I was thinking about the crease in the cable but where it was wire tied to the pipe might me difficult to see.

I keep thinking about how this happened and I bet it was from the guy who pumped the tanks recently. He may have hit it or sucked up the switch and broke the cable tie while pumping it out. I fished out 2 broken wire ties floating in the tank.

I'm glad I can fix these things myself. I heard it would cost between 200-300 for this to be repaired. I see hose clamps with a a part that holds the wire on some websites. Might look into that some.

I use those same hose clamp type cord holders on sump pumps.

Wire ties or zip ties are doomed to fail.

Took the pump out and all the wire ties were fragile. The pump float switch cable has one of the hose clamp types. Those are a good idea. I will order one of those clamps for the next time I feel like cleaning that tank out and put it on the alarm float. I got it so clean you could eat in there... (Not that I would)

Back