Adding a bathroom in the basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dempseyjosh

Reaction score
Hello, I'm adding a bathroom to my basement, and I've been poking around looking at threads but I think I need help on my layout directly.

So before knowing how deep the main line we were tying into was, I had plans on how I was getting this all done. But now that I see the line isn't very deep, I've got to rethink some stuff. The stack there is dedicated to the bathroom on the second floor. I was going tie the vents for each item in the basement together and run up through the wall and tie into the vent in the attic. We cut up the floor and found the line is shallower than we thought it would be. The bottom of the pipe sits down about 8"

If I was able to raise the floor a some, I don't think we'd have much of an issue, but where the toilet is, the finished height will be 6'10 and the rest of the bathroom 7'6, so i really want to avoid that.

Trying to draw this was giving me a headache, but here's what i've got.

1. is it ok if that p trap for the tub dips below the main 4" drain
2. are those acceptable vents for the toilet toilet and tub

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_195355.jpg
    IMG_20200302_195355.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
  • bathroom.jpeg
    bathroom.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
How is that toilet set up? Looks like a tee, if you can put a wye 4x4 or 4x3 or 4x2 whatever you have set up for the vent and then tie it in. What about sink/sinks?

How is that toilet set up? Looks like a tee, if you can put a wye 4x4 or 4x3 or 4x2 whatever you have set up for the vent and then tie it in. What about sink/sinks?

Thanks! But I have a few questions.
Wouldn't the tub be a wet vent for the toilet, or is it just best practice for each to get their own vent.
That would be a pretty long horizontal vent for the toilet, wouldn't it? I could scratch the idea of that space being any sort of closet, and just try to get the vent pipe to come up straight through it. That would be best, wouldn't it?

Back