Added vanity drain vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ucdbiendog

Reaction score
I think i realized i screwed up the addition of a second vanity drain (left side) to my existing drain (right side) in my bathroom. I think all i need to fix it is put a sanitary tee there and run the vent line to the existing as shown in the red line. am i missing anything? thanks in advance!

Attachments

• drain mod.JPG
    drain mod.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 18
Looks like you are within 6 feet of the vent which is the maximum allowable under the IPC, so you're already good I think.
Tim Whistler
Tim Whistler Plumbing LLC

I think i realized i screwed up the addition of a second vanity drain (left side) to my existing drain (right side) in my bathroom. I think all i need to fix it is put a sanitary tee there and run the vent line to the existing as shown in the red line. am i missing anything? thanks in advance!

Looks like you are within 6 feet of the vent which is the maximum allowable under the IPC, so you're already good I think.
Tim Whistler

Tim Whistler
He would be good if he didn’t 90 down after the trap but before the vent. Which he did, so he had to revent or he would’ve had an strap.

thanks all for your insight. here's the updated configuration

Attachments

• new drain.jpg
    new drain.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Back