A little bit of my job..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for explaining what the walls and ceiling are made of.

I don't know if many houses around here are made like that. I'm pretty sure it is uncommon if not unheard of in my current area-- but then, my area has a lot of "manufactured" homes. Which is a fancy way of saying a mobile home / trailer type home that depreciates with age.

LOL! I've never seen a bidet like that before. Neat that it has a place to hold sponges or soap or whatever. Or maybe even some paper towels for drying.

Looks like a good spot to wash your feet-- just sit on the commode next to it and turn sideways. LOL. That would be nice for my mother so she could wash her feet instead of having me wash them for her.

I never could understand the use for a bidet. I mean, doesn't a shower work just as well? Can you go potty in a bidet? If so, do you ride it like a harley, or would you straddle it? I must have missed that health lesson....

I would pay money to have my bum washed.

It's like a shower without getting undressed. You can be lazy and clean.

In some places there is no toilet paper or toilet paper is actually considered unclean because you just sort of smear stuff off with a dry cloth. The bidet is used in lieu of or in conjunction with toilet paper. It cleans better than just toilet paper and tends to get rid of odors that toilet paper leaves behind. It can help reduce the chances of getting UTIs.

Some people keep soap at bidets and they are used every time a person goes to the bathroom.

The position you take on the bidet depends on the type of bidet and what area you need cleaned. For some washes you face the sprayer and others you face away.

You use your hand for wiping and then rinse your hand off with the spray.

Fun fact: Ancient Romans used to have toilet benches-- long benches with holes where people would sit side by side when having to go when out in public. Each person would bring their own sponge on a stick so they could wipe and there was a stream of water in front that they dipped their sponges in to wet them and rinse them. I imagine there was a lot of cross contamination.
Ostia-communal-latrines.jpg

The holes at the front were to allow people to poke their sponge sticks through.

zanne's explanation is excellent..this is the real use of bidet..(bidet is a french word,but is inusual in France)in italy,the bidet is diffused,pratically every home has one or more bidet..havasu,for understand the real use of a bidet,you have to image a woman during the menstruation:eek:,she is not able to take shower every at change,expecially at work,out of her home or in another place that isn't her home.:sly:.a little anecdote,the towel intimate in italy is called "ospite"..

LOL. Havasu, I don't blame you one bit. It's not a pretty sight.
You are lucky to be guys. TMI, but its a bit like having a nasty stomach bug when your guts hurt-- combined with the nausea, back pain, and fatigue.

The US is the largest manufacturer of bidets but I'd say most people in the US have never even heard of them. It probably wouldn't sit well with places that are big on water conservation.

Ospite is an interesting term.

Latest posts

Back