A gooseneck splitter?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baskett

Reaction score
So, I've been slowly working on a DIY shower upgrade project in the small bathtub/shower in my home. I got a new gooseneck yesterday (which was a pain to get installed into the threaded pipe in the wall) installed successfully. I've also been looking at showerheads. I have a 11" extension arm on the way because the gooseneck sits lower than I am tall on the wall and I need the showerhead to be up higher. I plan on getting a 16" square brushed rainfall showerhead. With that bit of background, now comes my question.

Q. For cleaning the tub, such a showerhead as is listed above isn't exactly ideal for being able to spray the tub down when it needs to be cleaned. Is there any kind of threaded splitter that I can get that can sit on the end of the gooseneck so that I can have both the rainfall showerhead when I want to use that, but a sprayer on a hose as well that would be inactive until the tub needs cleaning?

Thanks for all the info! You can email me directly at [email protected] or just respond inline here, or PM me here as well.

How To Determine What Type of Tub Spout You Already Have. Grab a flashlight and look beneath the tub spout while it still attached to the wall. If you can see a tiny screw on the underside of the spout, you have a slip-on tub spout with a set screw. If there is no set screw, you have a threaded tub spout.

3 different types that I know of
1] has a thread about 3'' from the wall. spout threads onto it
2] no thread, set screw alan head under the damn thing,,have fun standing on your head
use a mirror
3] thread close to wall about an inch spout threads onto it

Last edited:
I guess the next question would be if this diverter spout is compatible with any type of existing connection.

EDIT: I have one of those shower heads that have a removable inner spray which has a small center pulsating spray that I use to help clean the tub/shower.
Similar to this but different make, I believe.
shower heads.jpg

Last edited:
Back