A/C Condensation line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryQue

Reaction score
Line became clogged and some water backed up onto the floor yesterday. I poured bleach into the line yesterday to help clear the line then I vacuumed the line with a shop vac this morning. I turned the unit back on at the thermostat but it does not come on again. Suggestions??

Some of the doors of your A/C unit contain micro switches that unless positioned correctly, will stop the A/C from turning on. Recheck anything you opened up.

Some of the doors of your A/C unit contain micro switches that unless positioned correctly, will stop the A/C from turning on. Recheck anything you opened up.
Thank you havasu. I went down, pulled the doors and triggered the pin switch manually but there was no change. There was a slight hum to the unit and it was cold. There was even a little condensation on the door panel. I have since turned the unit off at the thermostat so as not to cause any additional damage.

Is both the indoor and outdoor not running or just the indoor?

Your idoor fan motor or capacitor is shot. Well mostly happen was your indoor coil froze up because of lack of air flow the melting ice then overflowed the drain causing the water that you see I would suggest to get a professional to figure out which one it is

Your idoor fan motor or capacitor is shot. Well mostly happen was your indoor coil froze up because of lack of air flow the melting ice then overflowed the drain causing the water that you see I would suggest to get a professional to figure out which one it is
Thanks Voleti. I'll make the call.

Thanks Voleti. I'll make the call.
Is there water in the overflow pan? There typically is a switch that will sense the water and shut the unit down to prevent additional water backing up. If there is no water touching the water level sensor then maybe there's a reset. Not sure since I'm not an HVAC person but have had some bad experience with water backing up.

Back