A Broken Toilet Bowl

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYDude

Reaction score
Hi All,

Where can I find all the parts for my toilet bowl? Home Depot?

I had to shut off the valve because the water was running non stop.

What tools do I need for replace all the parts inside the water tank?

Thanks

Attachments

• Toilet Bowl View.jpg
    Toilet Bowl View.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Toilet Tank Top View.jpg
    Toilet Tank Top View.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Toilet Tank Capacity.jpg
    Toilet Tank Capacity.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
Here’s the flapper
https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-To...V8ntvBB2qrA68EAQYASABEgJeSPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
You can get a Fluidmaster 400a just like you have now at home depot also. It costs about $8.

Pick up a toilet water supply line while your there. Take the old one with you to match up.

Make sure you follow the directions that come with the Fluidmaster 400a ballcock, your current one doesn’t have the refill clip secured and directed into the flushvalve.

Flushvalve is what the flapper connects to. You probably don’t need to replace the flushvalve

First check to make sure the pinkish flapper doesn't have something keeping it from sealing. They do get hard over time and that can cause them to leak continuously. that may be all you need. And yes, Home Depot should have a replacement. Just pull the pink rubber "arms" off the toilet primer tube "pivot ears", that rectangular tube, sticking up, and take that with you.

Last edited:
The flush handle should have a chain connected to it and the other end should be connected to that pinkish flapper. I can see the chain, but the picture isn't conclusive whether those two connections are secure. But your description sounds like the chain isn't connected at one end or the other. The flush handle may also be broken. If the chain came off the flush handle rod, it very likely that it dropped below the pinkish flapper keeping it from sealing and thereby letting water flow out of the tank into the bowl.

That may be your only problem.

Chain hook looks flipped up making the chain too short.

It’s worn on top of that, replace it.

Your heading says broken toilet bowl. If thats the case you need a whole new toilet as you have a one piece toilet

Sorry about the misleading title. I will investigate further this weekend. Thank you all for your response!

that is a kohler rialto toilet , depending on the year there is a fault in the toilet. the filling valve had two speeds, to boost the poor flush . under certain conditions the was more water going in to the tank than the over flow could handle and water started to gush out the hole in the back of the tank . I would get a kit from kohler and rebuild the guts , it always took me a couple of hours to do this . here is a video that shows it

Latest posts

Back