7 Callouts - 1 RAD dies after 2 Hours working fine - Mystery continues...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's a water boiler there in the is there is a relief valve that will start dripping at or just before 30 psi , you should know what your boiler pressure should be, are all of your heating units the same, could you swap them and see ianother unit works

I wouldn't try changing units myself (I'm well out of my depth ;>). Though the RAD in question was drained a few years back too.

VOKERA Vision 20S.
Pressure is good there too I'm told.

Last edited:
you have enough pressure., close off the other radiators flow., then bleed the air out of the up stairs radiator.... I would add a small pump, but it's probably not feasible...., So if it's in the budget., get a Circulating pump with MORE HEAD PRESSURE, and add an Expansion TANK.

It its in the basement and traveling to the 3rd floor., you're losing at least 15 psi just from height. So you have to make sure water is flowing thru the radiator., so if you lower the flow to the others' it will boost the flow to that one on the 3rd floor...

The pump is about 12 years old now. Maybe a little more Noise from it over time but never suspect it was worn out. Its actually all on the same floor. Though we are on 3rd, our heating system and pump are inside our Apartment. I believe some pipes go above us to attic but generally all is within our Apartment.

I will try again your suggestion (I'm sure I've tried this before too). Curious, if no water flow in then, what could that mean?

^ "Hotpress" is where our pressure gage is (in pics above) and the reading is between 1.5 - 2 bars (which is normal).

Back