45 elbow crack - ejector pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rameez Hasan

Reaction score
Hey folks, new to the forums and noob to the plumbing. However, I can handle basic to moderate DIY myself. Plumbing is risky so I need some advice on best way to fix this.

There's a 45 elbow that cracked and now leaking water. Not severe so far, just drops but could get worst if meft un fixed. I am also attaching some pictures that will give you an idea on what exactly it is.

Again, noob to the plumbing so please dumb it down for me if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
View media item 795
View media item 794

You could get yourself PVC glue and cleaner, 2 couplings, a 45° and a few feet of pipe. Build the replacement before you cut the old one out and also turn off pump before cutting out the cracked fitting. Place the new one up against the broken one and mark the ends of the pipe and then cut it out. The couplings will have a pipe stop in them so cut a hair more off the old pipe

I looks to me like the vertical line from the pit to that 45 is leaning a good bit
this is putting a strain on that 45 degree fitting.
maybe that caused it to crack, maybe not
the vertical needs to be plumb
and as Mr Geofd said, It needs to be strapped to the wall

I personally, would have used a pressure 45 degree fitting at that location instead of a dwv 45 degree fitting
but that is just a preference thang

I believe the OP had a question in post #3. He may have been thinking about that strain on that 45 deg fitting when he thought about using rubber couplings with a clamps. ;):eek:

You could get yourself PVC glue and cleaner, 2 couplings, a 45° and a few feet of pipe. Build the replacement before you cut the old one out and also turn off pump before cutting out the cracked fitting. Place the new one up against the broken one and mark the ends of the pipe and then cut it out. The couplings will have a pipe stop in them so cut a hair more off the old pipe

Pretty much what I was thinking , but you worded it much better than I would have . :)

Easy fix . Think they make repair couplings w/o the stop in the middle ?

Wyr
God bless

Back