3" x 3 x 2" 1/4 Bend

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrecisionPlum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I understanding the IPC correctly?

This fitting CAN NOT be used in a WC application whereas the 2" inlet would be
for a vertical dry vent and the 3" would connect to the closet bend?

Attachments

• 3-in x 3-in x 2-in  90 Degree Elbow with WC.jpg
    3-in x 3-in x 2-in 90 Degree Elbow with WC.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 3-in x 3-in x 2-in  90 Degree Elbow.jpg
    3-in x 3-in x 2-in 90 Degree Elbow.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Heel inlet 90 is a no go for venting toilets.

They’re not allowed as heel inlet closet bends.

I’m not sure what the IPC has to say, I doubt they allow it.

UPC and most code bodies require the vent to take off "with its invert taken off above the drainage centerline. So the orientation PP is proposing in the illustration is valid, workable and definitely is trouble free.
So, speak to your inspector specifically if there is some doubt, but I guarantee it works perfectly well and have had hundreds of UPC- inspected jobs approved over my 47 yrs in the trade with that exact setup.
If there is an issue with the inspector, then just use a tee with a 3x2 bushing, no big deal. Or take a stand and try to have the inspector prove to you that there is a problem.
1641778728729.png

Yeah it’s fine like it’s installed, it’s just not used to vent or wet vent in the horizontal position like for a closet bend. I didn’t look at the picture

UPC and most code bodies require the vent to take off "with its invert taken off above the drainage centerline. So the orientation PP is proposing in the illustration is valid, workable and definitely is trouble free.
So, speak to your inspector specifically if there is some doubt, but I guarantee it works perfectly well and have had hundreds of UPC- inspected jobs approved over my 47 yrs in the trade with that exact setup.
If there is an issue with the inspector, then just use a tee with a 3x2 bushing, no big deal. Or take a stand and try to have the inspector prove to you that there is a problem.
View attachment 33065
[/QUOTE

Breplum: Yes, the illustration show how I wish to use it.

I like to bring my vent up for toilets full size until I get about 24” above the floor.

Or full size through the roof if it’s the only stack.

I like to bring my vent up for toilets full size until I get about 24” above the floor.

Or full size through the roof if it’s the only stack.
Thank you for sharing your methods of work.

It is not the only stack.
For this one it is a space issue, so transitioning over to 2" ASPA works best for this purpose.

Back