3-Stage "big blue" whole house water filter system

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallofgrath

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the benefit of buying a pre-assembled 3-stage "big blue" water filter system vs. buying 3 separate Pentek "big blue" canisters and installing them in a row?

For example, there is an inexpensive Aquaboon 3-stage for $175 or a popular iSpring 3-stage for $445. Both come with the filters included. I see complaints of leaks with these systems... Whereas a single Pentek "big blue" is $65 (or $195 for 3, not including filters).

(P.S. this is for well water and I am planning to install 10 micron sediment, 5 micron sediment, and carbon block filters in a row and replacing the first 2 filters frequently).

Thanks for any insight!

Those specs on the filters look good. This size system is good for 2 bathrooms and any larger will have flow restriction. Also , carbon filter has a maximum flow . When exceeded, there will be water that is not treated.

The carbon filter doesn't have much effect for well water. Carbon is mainly good for chemicals. not minerals or bacteria

Latest posts

Back