2 piece or 1 piece toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
I have been shopping for a replacement toilet when I came across a plumbing sales guy who told me that 2 piece toilets flush better than 1 piece toilets. I have no reason to not believe him but I searched the internet for an opinion, one way or the other, and found nothing. So, I'll throw it to you guys: Does a 2 piece toilet flush better than a 1 piece toilet? I am speaking about 1.2 gallon models. Thanks

Weather it's 2 piece or one piece doesn't matter, it's the quality of the toilet. A 2 piece Koehler and a one piece Koehler of the same model will flush the same.

One piece are normally low profile and can be trouble some.
Stir clear of the low profile one pc.
Newer designs in toilets for low water flow have improved.
But I prefer the 2 piece. 1 pc look nice but are much heavier and more cumbersome to install.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Mr David, what do you mean by low profile? I only ask because the models I'm looking at are "comfort height" and they look as tall as most toilets out there. Are you referring to something else? Thanks.

Do an image search for

LOW PROFILE TOILETS ONE PEICE

Take your pick. I'm used to seeing one piece toilets as low profile ones.
I'm old school and The standard height toilets (Referring to Tank height) I see are coming as a one piece units these days

low profile toilet.png

Latest posts

Back