2" long radius galvanized elbow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studhauler

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a 2" long radius galvanized 90 degree elbow. Any idea where I can find some? I spent two hours on Google with no luck. I would settle for brass or PVC if I had to.

Thanks,
Cody

Galvanized elbows for drainage fitting are long turn. But I have no idea where you can find one. If you can use PVC then you should be able to find them in any plumbing supply house.

John

Last edited:
I was hoping to find a metal fitting for strength. It will be the first fitting coming out of my lake pump for lawn irrigation. I want the extra flow (less friction loss) that the long radius fitting will give. Now that I said this is for lawn irrigation, I suppose the moderator should move this to that forum.

I am using a Wayne centrifugal pump with a 2" inlet and 2" outlet. Then the 2" 90 degree galvanized fitting, then a 2" quick coupler. Then I am using 2" poly for the first 100' then it drops to 1.5" where it pipe is bored under the road. I will have about 4 zones before the road. I am not sure yet how many zone I will have after the road, (at least 8). Right now I have the pump and main line in place. I have hose bibs in key places and am using garden hose and sprinklers to do the watering.

I would like a 2" long radius 90 degree fitting because it will flow better than a standard 90. It bothers me to have that restriction at the first fitting. I would like the strength that steel gives. I just have a feeling that sch 40 isn't as strong. I could use sch 80 if I could find the fitting. Also the pump sits out in the weather and sunshine, but it will get covered someday.

I did find this one.
Groco - Bronze Pipe to Hose Fittings, Full Flow, 90 Degree Elbow

It is a 2" NPT to 2.25 slip on hose fitting. I could use 1.25" flex hose for the first 5' then reduce down to 2" poly. But that would get really expensive.

Cody

What about using a grooved fitting . Typically used for fire sprinkler systems.

I'm sure they have adapters to convert ends to IPS

Last edited:
I don't think two 45's with a nipple makes a 90. In geometry, yes, but this is fluid dynamics. All I know about fluid dynamics is, in collage, I couldn't pass the prerequisite to even enroll in it.

Yes the do have adapters for grooved fittings to npt. Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look for friction loss chart for them.

Something else I could do is turn the pump on it's side so I don't need a 90 degree fitting at all. In other words, mount the pump on a wall instead of the ground. The electric motor will function the same. I don't think it matters what the orientation is for the centrifugal pump to work, but I am not sure. The plug for the priming hole will be out of position, but a few simple fittings will make that work again. The drain plug will not function, but the pump gets taken out and drained and put away in the garage for the winter. So I son't need to work while it is mounted.

The only question is, will the centrifugal pump work, when it is out of position. I will have to test that.

Cody

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back