19 gallon water heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
So I have a couple rentals, two of which have 19 gallon water heaters installed, both one bedroom places. One is who knows how many years old and my tenant can take a 45 minute shower and be fine. The other is less than a year old and was just placed in service a couple months ago. The tenant just moved in a week ago and is complaining he can not take a 5 minute shower without it getting cold. Both are the same brand electric heater. When we were working on the unit there was no shortage of hot water ever. I'm not sure if there might be a problem with the water heater or the tenant is just complaining? He is a complainer but something must have triggered him to complain about it. What are your thoughts?

Check the temp. The older one maybe set hotter and lasts longer because he's mixing more cold with it.
The new ones are preset at 125 F. So he's mixing less cold.
They also have 2 elements. Upper and lower. could be only the upper one is working.

R U growing any potatoes yet? You working out there laying pipe or just mowing the grass.

Last edited:
Check the temp. The older one maybe set hotter and lasts longer because he's mixing more cold with it.
The new ones are preset at 125 F. So he's mixing less cold.
They also have 2 elements. Upper and lower. could be only the upper one is working.

R U growing any potatoes yet? You working out there laying pipe or just mowing the grass.

Just been working on my rentals. Started my company but haven't been doing any work yet. Working on getting water on my property so I can grow those potatoes.

Are you going to Tds this year? I'm thinking if going.

Just been working on my rentals. Started my company but haven't been doing any work yet. Working on getting water on my property so I can grow those potatoes.

Are you going to Tds this year? I'm thinking if going.

Not if I don't get my a$$ off the coach and make some repairs to my ever growing list of things to fix on Red.

for anyone else reading this thread, RED

DSC01726.jpg

Back