10" Rough-In Problem....Please Help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelec

Reaction score
I recently renovated my bathroom. I ordered and had installed a Porcelanosa NK One toilet. I then found out it was for a 12" rough-in and I have a 10" rough-in.

My Super did something that made it work (not sure exactly). It has been working wonderfully for about a month. Now today I noticed a very small amount of water around the bottom when I flush. Obviously the fix didn't hold.

My question to the people that know Toto toilets well....I know that their skirted toilets do work with a 10" rough-in because Toto has an optional Trapway adapter. Could this adapter work with my Porcelanosa toilet? It would be great if I could just buy the adapter and have it installed under my Porcelanosa toilet instead of going out and buying a new Toto toilet.

I thank you in advance for all your help.

Michele

If your super made it fit, he probvably installed an offset flange. These work the same way a regular flange does, it just has an angle on it to move the hole further from the wall.

Keeping that in mind, it is unlikely that the issue is with the flange, but is most likely a problem with the seating of the wax gasket or a crack in the toilet itself. I would pull the toilet up, inspect for damage, and re-seat it with a new wax gasket before doing anything else.

Latest posts

Back