Water Level In Cistern

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojorisin23

Reaction score
Hi I have a country house in Sicily. It has two cisterns for water (one for the irrigation and hoses, the other for the home).

I would like a way to know how much water is in cistern from anywhere in the world. preferably with an app?

Would something like this work?

https://a.co/d/89GlvGG

Thx

There are lot of gadgets out there these days. I have tried several of them over the years. The most reliable I have found is a cheap $50 wifi camera. With one camera I can see several pressure gauges, temp gauges, even if water is filling the drip pan under the water heater and AC unit. Can see even in total darkness. With motion sense, you can get alerts when something moves like a mechanical float in a cistern or a little flag on pressure switch contacts. If you can visually see the cistern level, all you need is a camera.

camera of pressure gauges.jpg

There are lot of gadgets out there these days. I have tried several of them over the years. The most reliable I have found is a cheap $50 wifi camera. With one camera I can see several pressure gauges, temp gauges, even if water is filling the drip pan under the water heater and AC unit. Can see even in total darkness. With motion sense, you can get alerts when something moves like a mechanical float in a cistern or a little flag on pressure switch contacts. If you can visually see the cistern level, all you need is a camera.

View attachment 45312
Hey Valveman, how about a link to that cheap camera. Be nice to have one that might actually work.
Thanks

I use the same cameras for security. That one looks at my pressure and temp gauges. But it can also be rotated around so I can look through my utility room door and see the backside of the house. The camera in the utility room is great for security because no one would expect it there.

Back