Toilet Flushing Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patsfan

Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago one of our 3 toilets began to act up. It wouldn't flush the first time but would eventually drain down to the proper level. Or a second flush would do the trick. Sometimes though it flush normal, really not consistent. To add to this we have a second toilet on the other side of the wall, if you flushed that one while the first was 'clogged' you see a bubble in the clogged toilet and the water would go down immediately. I used a toilet snake on the first toilet nothing helped. Now, the second and third toilets are both not flushing properly. They all will empty down to the proper level very slowly. Bath tubs, showers, and sinks drain fine though. I'm on a septic field system with holding tank and pump. Any suggestions, thank you.

Well the snake only went past the floor maybe, 4ft max. I felt the issue was in that first toilet because the one on the other side of the wall was fine. I suspect I've maybe plunged the clog further down the line because all 3 have stopped flushing. I had to go on a work trip 2 days ago, my wife said she did a load of laundry and could see the toilets gurgling when the washer was draining.

The Mainline is clogged, or the septic is full. Has the septic been pumped recently?

Back