First Home owner Kitchen sink Probs

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to update you guys..... I ran the Drain king and it 100% unclogged whatever the hell was goin on so we are rollin again!!

Appreciate all the help and tips....I learned a lot in the process.

Thanks!
You’re welcome

They work great but a word of caution - beware of unintended consequences..

I was dealing with 3 inch septic line that had joint separation and partial break at the slip joint.
Had the septic tank pumped even though it didn't need it and it didn't fix the issue so then
the septic guy used a bladder to "clean the line" and said I should get one so I did.
A few months pass and noticed the drain field was very close and sinking so several septic contractors
who looked at it said that was the issue.

Then I had another serious stoppage backing up into the house
Long story short I went to the hardware store, bought the large bladder to clean the septic line and proceeded to blast the nasty mess into the kitchen sink

Investigation with some selective digging and we found line breach and repaired.
I had to replace all the removable plumbing under the sink including the drain basket to
get rid of the smell and ensure no health issues.
(Hooked a hose to the hot water to clean the drain lines to septic line.)

So life was finally good with my tenant after 6 months of chasing the intermittent problem.

Latest posts

Back