septic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Identify Septic pipes!

Hello, I am ataching an image of our septic where it enters our home. Can someone please identify the pipes for me PLEASE!!. There is trap/vent with a orange cap on the far left. In the middle is the main line where our sink, shower and toilets drain into. The next two pipes on the right are...
  2. C

Drainage System Lid Came Off On Its Own

Hello, I noticed recently that one of the lids in my septic tank drainage system has came loose. There is a pvc pipe coming up the tube from the ground that seems to have been pushed upwards, causing the lid to pop off. When I push down on the pvc pipe, it won't budge and I'm unable to resecure...
  3. P

Septic backup and leakage on top

Hi everyone! I have a 1000 gallon concrete septic tank that has recently been having issues. For the past year, I have been having slow flushing and minor backup into our basement bath tub. as far as I know, my septic tank only has 1 compartment, then drains into our chamber type drain field. I...
  4. Quercifolia

Can anyone tell me if this a septic?

I recently purchased a cabin and was told that this cover is for the well water. I don’t believe this is accurate. Why would it say “do not open, poison gas.” There is a greywater system for the two sinks and shower. After brush-hogging the land, I discovered this might be a septic and noticed...
  5. C

Septic inlet problem/question

Hello, We moved into our new house May 15, 2022. In October, the septic backed up into the shower. The builder and septic installer rushed right out and saved the day. I had put a tight cap on the only clean out, so the backed up solids from the baffle came flying out when the cap was removed...
  6. D

Septic Overflow Protection?

I have a septic system and have been close to overflowing a couple times into the house, and would like to put in an "overflow protection system" in my garage. My thought is to pipe the septic drain line into the garage, then have a P-Trap there with an open top that is lower than the lowest...
  7. K

What is the name for the pump that's like a sump, but it's for basement waste?

Not a plumber here, but man have I got a problem! Built this house (someone else did) almost 9 years ago. Had him put all the fixtures for water for a basement bathroom (thinking ahead) So we eventually did put in a bathroom, with toilet, shower and sink. Also a washer. He called the pump a...
  8. Kmb72291

Cast iron plumbing?

A house I am potentially buying was built in 1955 (Florida). Given the vintage & location, the house was very likely built with cast iron plumbing. The house is ranch style on a crawl space. Sometime between 2005-2008 there was a brand new septic tank put in & then sometime between 2009-2015 the...
  9. Chell

Clogged Baffle???

We are having issues of water occasionally coming up through the septic lid when we use a lot of water between kids bathing and laundry. My husband wants to replace the leach system, but I wonder if the problem could just be a clogged baffle which would save thousands of dollars (I would rather...
  10. M

Leach line leak need help

Hi all, Hoping for some advice that might save us some unnecessary repairs and money! We are new to septic as of 2 years ago. The system is roughly 10 years old. We noticed water coming out of one of the 4 leach lines about a month ago, so we had our 1000 gallon take pumped. shortly after...
  11. B

Old tank found under yard. What do I do?

Hello, I discovered what I an old concrete septic tank in my back yard with the top collapsed in. The tank was mostly filled with dirt, with a couple feet of water in the corner. (Feeling lucky it didn’t crest a sinkhole.) A landscaper friend recommended I dig out/ pull water out enough to...
  12. C

What am I looking at?

Just bought My first property with septic. House was built in 1988 and it still has the original septic system. From what little knowledge I have about septic systems, the one here is pretty basic and small. Three concrete lids to the tank (I’m guessing) and then the rectangular section filled...
  13. T

Pump issues?

No changes made to the system lately but within the last week it seems we have 2 problems (or symptoms). 1) Two times we have lost pressure completely while someone was showering. The first time it was when the clothes washer was also running the second time it was when 2 showers...
  14. M

Grinder Pump to Sewer or Septic System

Hello, I am building a house on a hillside and I have a decision to make on sewage. I can either install a grinder pump and pump sewage up to the municipal sewer line above the house or install a gravity septic system below the house. Any suggestions on which will be more reliable and less...
  15. B

Leaking septic

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I bought my first home last November and have had problems with my septic tank since. It's a closed tank (no weeping field) of 1500gal. The previous owners emptied the tank on Nov 15th and I took possession on the 28th. By the 23rd of December it was...
  16. Dug

What could this PVC tube be running over septic tank?

Hello, thanks for reading. I just purchased a new home and am trying to install a new riser on my septic tank. The existing one buckled and one side slid into the opening. After digging out the existing one I noticed this pvc tube running across the top of the opening. Any ideas what it could...
  17. J

First time septic owner losing her crap! LITERALLY:,(

I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED!? So long story short... My neighbor bought a house and asked me to move with her. I take care of her pups and we just became really close. Regardless I was like heck no techno! I got 2 kids youre crazy if ya want all of us to move in with ya! Well turns out there was a...
  18. D

What goes into a Septic certification?

Can anyone assist with what a septic system must do to get the distinction of "certified"? My understanding that a cert is needed to do certain things like for certain home loans, or to get permits to add plumbing fixtures. I understand the system needs to be found to be in good working order...
  19. E

Getting Into Septic Pumping

Hello all! Im new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm posting an old topic or in the wrong thread. I currently work for a municipal water treatment facility and previously worked in a wastewater facility, and have a license in both WWT and WT. For the last three years or so I've been...
  20. P

Need HELP! Toilets Gurgling

Ok, so here is my issue... I purchased a house a few months ago that is on a septic system. After we were finished with renovations we moved in and started having issues with the system. The toilets would start to gurgle and the shower would start to fill up while in the shower. We thought...
Back