basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. yargnawh

Basement Plumbing Advice

Hi Everyone, First I want to thank anyone who's taking the time to read this and offer their advice. I'm an over-confident DIYer, probably biting off more than I can chew, but for something like this I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Secondly, want to apologize if any of my plans appears...
  2. S

Venting a new sink in basement

Hi all, trying to finish my basement and have the following question (forgive the crappy drawing). I have existing plumbing rough-ins for a shower, toilet, and a sink. I would like to add a sink and/or washer marked in maroon (bottom right). The the green upward arrows are vents for the existing...
  3. InedibleShultz

Basement drain pipe run in line with main pipe

Howdy all! I've got a bit of an unusual setup in the basement i just want a sanity check on. At some point a previous owner ran a new main lateral pipe above the floor. Looks to have been professionally done & have had no problems with it as is. However, they did plumb in a drain line (for a...
  4. U

Changing out Submersible Sump Pump

Living in a home in the northeast with a basement sink sump pump connected to a oakum & lead seweage pipe. To my knowledge this has never been changed out and now with the air conditioner condenser running it’s overflowing and not running. I want to change out the motor because it’s rusted out...
  5. D

Plumbing in two bathroom in my basement.

Hello. I live in st.paul mn. I am wanting to add two bathrooms in my basement. One is going to have a cast iron tub, toilet, shower and sink. The other one will just have a sink and toilet. I had a guy who is a plumber come map out my basement and said it is going to be easy and a piece of cake...
  6. M

Is my basement bar sink plan code compliant?

Novice here…finishing my basement. We are in a city that uses UPC. I’m trying to create a place for a future bar sink in a corner (it will be capped until kids are older, but I want to have it ready to access when we want to add the bar. The sink will be roughly 14’ away from one of the 3”...
  7. D

Help with a "builder" basement shower drain rough in

Hey all, happy holidays. I am finishing the basement and the home came with a "builder" rough in for a bathroom down there. I've completed the toilet, vanity and shower water supply lines. Looking at where the shower drain is, its off center. I'm not sure what to do with it or what I am really...
  8. D

Novice plumber - Basement finish with bathroom

Good day everyone- What a forum. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and I am ready to learn. Glad to be here. I am working on finishing my basement. Im onto the bathroom plumbing. The builder looks to have somewhat roughed in for a bathroom. Ive attached some pictures. Im unsure what...
  9. J

Draining sink & washer to same standpipe?

All, thanks in advance for the help. I’d like to add a utility sink near my washer. Currently there is one standpipe, shown in the picture and it does not vent through the roof, also no trap. Is it a big deal to drain both a sink and washer into the pipe? I planned to expand left [pic] for the...
  10. B

New construction basement toilet plumbing not flowing

Hi, I'm trying to help my son finish his basement on a new house (built 1 year ago). 3 stubs were plumbed for the basement bathroom. Our initial activities: 1. Shower drain was capped (no shower being put in) 2. Sink drain was cut to place vanity (temporarily taped top until final plumbing...
  11. S

Mystery Floor Drain

Hey Plumbers - I could use some help identifying what's going on with this drain. Moved into a new place and the cats managed to pull up the floor drain cover since it wasn't screwed down and they'll mess with anything that isn't screwed down. This drain's in the basement floor near the washing...
  12. M

Regular Toilet/Shower Drain Clogs

I live in a split-level house and have lived here for about 6 years. The bathroom in the basement was redone - likely by a DIY'er - before we bought the house. Periodically, over the last three years the waste vent will clog and backup both the shower and the toilet. I believe it's also...
  13. S

Need Help with Basement Bathroom Venting/Plumbing

I'm starting to plan a bathroom in my basement. When my house was built, there was some preparation for a bathroom. I can see where the toilet and shower drains are. I see two pipes coming from the floor where the sink will be. I want to understand how to determine which pipe is the sink...
  14. Ryan S Persitza

Code check, Rough in of kitchen basement sink

I have > 135 degrees of turn is an additional cleanout required? I will be using a fully shielded cupling. Located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin
  15. M

RV tub in basement bathroom?

Hello All, My wife has been asking me if I could install a tub in our Basement bathroom for a while now. The only issue is that is it a tight space, and I do not want to break the tile/ concrete. I did a little research and I am thinking about installing a platform to hide and all the...
  16. S

Is this allowed/how to fix?

I was told that even though this ties into the main stack, it is not allowed due to it being on a 45 degree angle + it will create a siphon. Is that correct? Additionally, if it is not allowed, there is another vent stack (2") on the other side of the bathroom that I could tie into - not sure...
  17. A

Rowhome built on spring - alternatives to sump pump?

I was considering buying a rowhome in Baltmore that seems to be built on a spring. In the basement there is a sump pump with a backup pump. There is water visibly running into the sump pump at all times (it looks like two hoses are turned on and pouring into the pump) The pump empties into the...
Back