plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tanveer Ahmed

Need Help!!! Toilet Hose Connector Issue...!!!

Hello Dear Folks, I am requesting for a big knowledge help. As shown in the image below, I have the commode hose connected from main water line using 3/8" Comp x 7/8" Ballcock hose. Now I would like to use a T Connector diverter to install a hand shower. I have purchased the diverters according...
  2. J

Identify Septic pipes!

Hello, I am ataching an image of our septic where it enters our home. Can someone please identify the pipes for me PLEASE!!. There is trap/vent with a orange cap on the far left. In the middle is the main line where our sink, shower and toilets drain into. The next two pipes on the right are...
  3. Quercifolia

Can anyone tell me if this a septic?

I recently purchased a cabin and was told that this cover is for the well water. I don’t believe this is accurate. Why would it say “do not open, poison gas.” There is a greywater system for the two sinks and shower. After brush-hogging the land, I discovered this might be a septic and noticed...
  4. Q

Drum Trap Replacement

Hello Everyone, My bathtub is draining SUPER slow and it's becoming quite an annoyance. I do think it's the drum trap that is going bad. My house was made in 1956 so I'm certain it's as old as it as well. I'm wondering if I replace the drum trap with a standard p trap, would that clear up the...
  5. L

Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Help

howdy, Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings. I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished...
  6. AgoristAce

Valve Compatibility Issue with Rainwater System

Total amateur to working with PVC here! I am doing a 550 gallon (2 IBC Totes) rainwater collection system (see last pic) and have hit a major snag. I have all of the parts required to build the system but can't proceed without solving this issue: One of the two Totes I purchased has what...
  7. C

What Has Caused This Water Leak?

Hello everyone recently a friend over my house has taken a shower in the upstairs shower the last few days. Right below the shower this was found the shower is right above this with water also dripping down a little at that vent. infrared showed that entire ceiling had water all over it...
  8. D

Help me install utility sink

Help me add a utility sink to my laundry room and garage. These are pictures of what I have in my laundry room. Just behind this drain and water lines is my garage, which I would like to add a sink as well. Any suggestions as to how I should go about plumbing for this as a DIY?
  9. I

Weird whistle

Hello, over the past few weeks (audio file attached) i have noticed a whistling sound coming from one of the bathrooms and it appears to be coming from the wall either behind the sink or toilet (not entirely sure though). Based on my observation it starts when someone opens a faucet or flushes a...
  10. L

Question about shower drain causing leak?

So, I have a shower that was done by the old homeowner and the drain doesn’t look like it’s done correctly. We notice water damage occurring on our laminate floor in our dining room which is located on the other side of the wall of the shower/bathroom. We also noticed a bit of moisture when we...
  11. J

Toilet will not flush very well after new plumbing

Hello. I recently extended a bathroom in a rental property by a few feet and moved the toilet across the room to the other side of the wall. After putting the subfloor back on and installing the new toilet it doesn't flush very well. Toilet paper does goes down but not very well. I installed a...
  12. D

Gas boiler, no heat to second floor.

I have 3 zones and the 2nd floor gets no heat, I bleed the lines and no water would come out. I filled the lines with a hose, still nothing. I added a Watts feed/pressure regulated and a few shark bites. There is no feeder in this furnace set up.
  13. H

Shower Drain Help! [Pics]

Hi guys, I am obviously new to the forum, but it looks like there is a lot of knowledge here. As such, I am looking for some help with a shower base I am trying to install over concrete. Basically I don’t have much room to work with fittings, so I am hoping someone can suggest me a best route to...
  14. T

Limit of bending PEXb

Hi everyone, I’m putting together some shower lines with Sharkbite PEXb, and I keep finding mixed messages on bends. The bend in the attached photo runs from the valve to the wand drop ear. It’s wider than the 90° bend support (shown in the photo), but I’m curious on others thoughts. Would this...
  15. R

Replacing Submersible Pump Control Box Pipe

Hi I bought the house 6 months ago and today noticed a leak in one pipe coming through the control box. I am totally unfamiliar with the well pump system/function. Attaching the pictures to explain the setup. It seems from the Control Box there is a pipe going to the wall , that i believe is...
  16. J

Mysterious Gurgling in Wall

Hello everyone! I moved into a new-construction house about 6 months ago, and for the past 4 weeks I have been periodically hearing a strange gurgling sound in our wall. I only began to hear it after using a rarely-used bathroom. I initially thought it was a plumbing/water issue, so I had a...
  17. J

"Cricketing" Sound In Apartment Bathroom / Help?

Hello, I've heard hearing an unusual / annoying 'cricket' like sound in my bathroom for months now. It usually is triggered at night, often after my upstairs neighbours uses a shower or bath, and goes for 8~ hours. In addition to being audible in my bathroom, one can also hear it in the...
  18. C

Installing flange on recessed toilet pipe

I am replacing part of a subfloor that already had a recessed toilet drain pipe. We haven't secured the floor yet because we already have confusion on how the flange should rest on the recessed pipe. We want the flange to secure on the finished floor but at that height the flange doesnt rest on...
  19. C

How to remove stuck locknut from porcelain toilet?

I'm working to remove the fill valve from my (quite old) Kohler toilet. Drained the tank, unhooked the water supply, now trying to remove the locknut. Trouble is (and forgive me, I'm not sure if this is common) the locknut is plastic and two pieces that seem to lock together. So when I attempted...
  20. GWolfe

Instant hot water issues

Hey everyone this is my first post, and I usually don’t resort to forums to ask for help but I just can not figure out my issue. I have a Bosch AQ 125 - BNG tankless water heater. Which works great. Except for when we try to take showers. I have read about the “cold water sandwhich” but that...
Back