water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rob weaver

Kitchen Sink PVC line help.

Water is coming up at the top of the connection for a while now. What is needed to fix this? Water is where the brown crud is on top.
  2. C

Where to mount Tankless control panel

I'm switching from tank to Tankless (likely Noritz NRCR111dv). It will be mounted in the attic where current tank is. Anyy recomendations on where to mount the controller. It can o next to unit ut wonder if it's better to install in the living space somewhere? Looking for ideas. I'm thinking a...
  3. Y

Engine sound after flushing toilet

Hard to describe the noise but my toilet makes this engine sound after I flush. It doesn’t sound like foghorn or hissing to me but please have a listen the video I posted. I found some videos on YouTube which suggested this could be from vibration noise from toilet water valve due to air...
  4. D

Help me install utility sink

Help me add a utility sink to my laundry room and garage. These are pictures of what I have in my laundry room. Just behind this drain and water lines is my garage, which I would like to add a sink as well. Any suggestions as to how I should go about plumbing for this as a DIY?
  5. T

Sewer Line Repair Question

Hello, We just had a sewer line repaired today. We have a little bit of pooled water in the crawlspace because of the issue. How long will it take for the pooling to subside? It's also winter, and the ground with the added break in the line, has made the ground quite saturated.
  6. O

Hot water coming into toilet when mains turned off....?

Is it normal that when i turn off the main water supply to the house, that hot water then continues to run into the toilet? The water is not normally hot, but i had to replace the tap by the toilet, and it was in doing this that i turned off the main water to unscrewed the tap, then whilst the...
  7. W

Rust around outlet of hot water outlet on heater

Hello! I wanted to get some expert opinions on this rust that I noticed around my hot water heater outlet. This is in a new construction home, just a little over 1.5 years old. There was a leak at this location shortly after closing, they sent the plumber out who just tightened it up. I’ve...
  8. J

How to turn On and Off Shower properly, were shower diverters built differently back then?

I had an old shower diverter from the 1980s, however things were sturdy back in the day. :| To turn the shower off, I would just push down the diverter, without Even turning off the shower knob first. It lasted for 30 years. When I get a new spout & diverter, it kept breaking/getting stuck. Had...
  9. J

Shower Arm Leak question

We are installing a new shower arm, and kept the Old Shower Arm plate, since it was larger and covered the original shower hole wall. However the new shower arm is smaller radius, so I see a noticeable gap in the internal hole (green box). It isn't as snug as previous. The picture quality...
  10. J

Moen Tub Spout Installation with cracks between Ring and Spout

I just installed a new Moen Tub Spout 179101. When installing it, you see a white portion with caulking. Everytime I press down on the spout lightly, I can see the spout separate, and see hole edges between the ring and spout (see green box). Is this the way, Moen Tub spout is supposed to be...
  11. J

Cracks, holes shower in tub spout

I have an old 1980s shower, it has a flexible shower wall. Recently when I pull the tub spout shower diverter up or push against the wall, I see cracks and holes appear. I tried replacing the bathtub spout multiple times, and retried Caulking Numerous occasions. It keeps showing holes/cracks...
  12. P

Water temp issues at faucets and bath/shower

Hello all, I do not have much plumbing experience but am following my father's footsteps of being a DIY'er. My sink faucets and shower have always been a bit off since moving in about 6 months ago and seem to be getting worse. They require the hot water to be on full go while originally...
  13. D

hot and cold water

Hi I am having trouble with running a constant and even temperature from my bath taps. We have mixer taps (not that I think these are at fault). When running the water from the shower head (don't have separate shower, just hose connected to taps), the temperature is ok, then suddenly it goes...
  14. N

Q: Replacing a dip tube in a gas water heater

Hello, Would like to get some advice about replacing a dip tube in my heater. It is from 1996 or so. Please see the attached pictures. Can I do this without cutting the water pipe? Any specific things to consider? Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. :) The heater information...
  15. J

Tub Spout Installed slightly rotated

Our plumber installed a Tub Spout slightly rotated 10-15% degree angle to its left, like a globe. Curious if there is any reasons plumbers have any installation reasons do that, I will just rotate back myself. One time, I had a plumber install a bathroom sink 10% slanted on the xy plane, due...
  16. J

Can Removing Shower Head Restrictor affect Diverter?

hi Admin, please delete this thread, thanks
  17. J

Shower Diverter keeps breaking

I have a Shower Diverter that keeps stuck having issues, where water goes to Both the Tub Spout and the Shower Head. We have replaced two shower spouts with diverters in the last month. Is there an underlying issue which can keep causing this? The shower diverters keep having issues, regardless...
  18. A

Toilet water keeps running

I woke up to the sound of the toilet water running, in inspecting it it looked like the flush valve was letting water through. After adjusting it the water is still filling up and overflowing, even when I manually lift the flush valve all the way to the top the water keeps pouring. Trying to...
  19. J

Broken Pipe But No Water Leak

I was recently digging to install a new fence post in my yard when I hit a pipe. The pipe cracked and leaked a bit of water at first and then completely stopped and doesn't appear to have leaked any more. I tested the water in the bathrooms and kitchen but no water leak from the crack. The pipe...
  20. H

Puzzling water taste

Here is a puzzler, In the highest point in the house is a bathroom off the main bedroom. In the morning when I get up the water tastes moldy out of the cold spigot. If I taste out of the hot water spigot , it taste like it is coming out of a garden hose. Any ideas ? Please keep it clean! These...
Back