pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chris0729

Need help identifying adaptor for washing machine tap

Hello all! I just received a new washing machine at home, but unable to install it. Problem: The tap is too close to the wall, and there's not enough space to connect waching machine inlet pipe to the tap. Need help with: Identifying an adaptor that can connect to the tap without touching the...
  2. B

Add Cutoff Value to Water Pipe Without Pipe Cutting

Being newbie to plumbing, I want to avoid need to copper cut pipe and reinstalling another compressor or whatever. To end usage of refrigerator's ice maker water supply line, simply want to loosen supply line's socket and adding value in middle without cutting anything. Attaching picture. Is...
  3. W

Winterizing Flowing Pipe

Would love some input on how to possibly troubleshoot this problem. We have a 3/4" (inner diameter) steel pipe that is currently directing flow from a borehole. I have attached a diagram to show what it roughly looks like, although the dimensions on the diagram are not correct. We are hoping...
  4. A

Is this dangerous?

I recently moved into a house and discovered that there is a pipe above my fuse box. I was wondering if this is dangerous? Even if it's not dangerous, would this likely cause an issue with getting an electrical inspection safety certificate?
  5. H

Replacing an Old cast drain pipe

Hi everyone, So we moved in this place a year ago, and we just found out in the basement laundry-room that the old sink that we removed is connected to an old Cast iron drain pipe, and that the service connection on it is the source of "bad" sewer type of smell. so my question is how can i...
  6. A

Pipe corrosion

Hello all, I recently purchased a home and a brand new hot water heater was installed. However, I just noticed the pipe that connects to the cold water is corroded. I don’t know if this is new or old damage. It appears with the new hot water heater install that new parts were used to connect to...
  7. G

Re-piping pipe size question

Hi, I am planning on re-piping the exposed pipe in my basement from copper and galvanized steel to PEX. Currently, my meter spits out 3/4" (which whoever put the piping in immediately cut down to 1/2"). My main run is then 1/2" and splits off to 1/2" for other runs. I am thinking of getting...
  8. P

Running pipe INSIDE floorboard?

I need to run central heating pipe horizontally under the floorboards of an upper floor. I need to go through only one 75mm wide beam, but I'm wary of boring or notching it, also because that would be quite close to the wall bearing the beam. So I thought of running an 8mm or 10mm pipe...
  9. J

Mysterious Gurgling in Wall

Hello everyone! I moved into a new-construction house about 6 months ago, and for the past 4 weeks I have been periodically hearing a strange gurgling sound in our wall. I only began to hear it after using a rarely-used bathroom. I initially thought it was a plumbing/water issue, so I had a...
  10. J

Dodgy pipework - water leak waiting to happen?

I've had a radiator installed, unfortunately it is larger than the previous one, which is completely my fault. It has caused a bit of a headache and it is beyond the point of returning it. I had it installed using a plumbing service and their work was less than satisfactory. Since it was...
  11. R

What is this drainage pipe under kitchen sink that leads outside?

I've known about a 1/2" pvc pipe leading out of my house since I moved 18 months ago. I assumed it was drainage for AC condensation in the attic until it was still running even when AC isn't on. It caused a leak because it wasn't angled enough (imagine slowly pouring a glass of water so it runs...
  12. T

What happens if the flange knockout cap goes down the toilet pipe??

I live in the city and I'm remodeling my upstairs bathroom. My flange knockout cap accidentally went down the 4in ASB pipe. How serious of an issue is this? What do I need to do to get it out? I've gotten some mixed answers. I had a plumber come and he scoped it out and found it to be about...
  13. M

External Pipe Leak

Hello, experts! I was mowing my lawn today and noticed ponding by the foundation in my home near a fence. I finished mowing and brought out old misery (shovel) and started digging. Instantly, the hole I was digging was engulfed in water. I run over and turn off my main water supply and dig some...
  14. O

My contractor is stumped! Need a creative solution...

Hi all, Grateful to find you. I'm not an expert on anything... just trying to solve problems. Recently bought a house in the rocky Catskills, doing basic remodeling... but running into a problem figuring out how to drain the kitchen sink. The previous "solution" was a pipe that pumped the...
  15. D

Cold Water not going into Tank

I recently replaced my water heater and also the hoses that connect to the pipes in the wall. I did have to reem on the wall pipes pretty good, but do not feel I broke or bent then in any way. However, with everything connected and ready to go, I turn on the cold water valve, and it flows for...
  16. J

Need help. Tight seal/Leak

I posted this earlier but perhaps in the wrong section . My apologies . I’ve been working under my house replacing most of the galvanized half-inch with PEX. I have one long continuous pipe that runs to the far side of crawlspace with cery difficult access. I found the spot to tie in but...
  17. J

Help! Stupid question. Half inch Galvanized Pipe

Was just doing some work under my house and I accidentally started to loosen a galvanized pipe . Only about a quarter turn. Then I re-tightened it. Its a long stretch of pipe and I cant see the other connecting end. Can I expect this to leak now?
  18. G

Is there California law regarding asbestos testing before plumber can inspect a leak?

a week after moving into a 1973 year built house in Costa Mesa California, a leak was noted in the wall. A couple days goes by before Home warranty program sent local plumber out and he looked at the wet wall for a couple seconds and walked out saying we need asbestos testing first before he...
  19. O

What could cause this pierced pipe?

First time poster... See the attached picture for a pretty impressive puncture in a pipe. Installed 1 year ago during a full Reno, I went to turn on water to my hose bib this morning and didn't notice the hole until I turned it on! I was quick to turn it off and wipe down the walls, so no...
  20. N

Vibrating noise, I’ve heard it before but won’t stop

today the showerhead pipe snapped off from the water pipe. There was no leaking at the time. Then my friend turned the water on and let it run for a sec to check it out. Hours later I can hear water dripping from behind the cold and hot knob. My basement has water all in the floor boards and on...
Back