stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

Need help identifying bathtub faucet cartridge model from pre-2013 era

Hello plumbing forum members, I'm seeking assistance in identifying the model of a bathtub faucet cartridge that was installed before 2013. The previous owners of the house lived there from 1995 to 2013. Here are the details: The cartridge has a single handle. The white part appears to be the...
  2. solidcell

Help identifying a supply shut off valve

I was shutting off the water supply via the shut-off valves shown (circled in red) in order to replace the shower valve cartridge. However, they're in pretty bad shape and leaking a bit as I was turning them to the off position. I need to find replacement stems for them, but I'm not sure how to...
  3. R

Kohler Diverter Stem - 11-2554

Shower water was being diverted half shower/half tub spout. I removed the old one with a plastic end and replaced it with a new one. It still operated the same. I "removed"it to inspect it, but it kept turning. I looked inside and saw the plastic end not coming out; it is stuck. The 31/32...
  4. NWTennesseean

Lubricating inside of a 2-handle faucet cartridge

Is it ok to take apart a 2-handle faucet cartridge (Delta, Valley, etc) and put silicone lubricant on the inner stem and also on the inner o-ring that the stem goes thru? Or is it best to leave the innards alone and just lubricate the exterior o-ring and seat? I know the stem turns within this...
  5. Astralan

1980's Moen 1200 shower cartridge extraction issues

Have an old pull to open, twist to control shower regulator that most people can't pull. I decided to do some research and from my findings it ends up being a Moen 1200 cartridge. Following some youtubes and purchasing extraction tools for this model, I was pissed to find that in the attempt to...
  6. C

Please help me identify this shower stem

So our shower started leaking after decades of use and I have taken this stem to a few stores now and they have never seen anything like it. Hopefully someone on here can help me find a replacement for this old gem!
  7. S

help with shower stem identification

Hi all, Had the stop break off from this shower stem and I can't find a match anywhere at the local hardware stores or big boxes. I think it is a Pfister but I'm not sure. Any help on the ID and where I may find and old stock replacement would be very much appreciated. I hate to tear out the...
Back