wax ring

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Help

howdy, Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings. I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished...
  2. F

Mystery Toilet Leak

Hello all, I recently purchased my first home and I'm rapidly discovering the joys of plumbing. Prior to these first projects, I did not have any experience with plumbing. To get to my problem, while in the crawlspace I noticed damp wood all around the toilet. I assumed it was the wax seal. I...
  3. V

Toilet terrors. House with on-standard everything. Help!

I had some water on my floor by the toilet. Classic symptom of a failing wax ring, right? Went to my local HD and got me a standard wax ring. Gonna empty the water, disconnect the water feed, spin up the nuts, pull the toilet, scrape and replace the ring, replace the post and bolts reattach...
  4. C

Wax Ring Replacement

so my son decided a toy was a good thing to flush down the toilet. I was able to remove the toilet and get it out. I was in the process of replacing the wax ring when a chunk of the wax about the size of a grape tomato fell down the pipe when I pulled the old one off. I tried getting it out but...
Back