vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Tub Drain Question

Hello everyone, I am doing a remodel and have tied my new bath drain into a conveniently placed existing vent. Based on my research I thought it would be okay in this circumstance but am now questioning the setup and looking for a second or third opinion. The new bath drain ties into the...
  2. Barrychapman

Installing tub with freestanding faucet

I had a guy to install a soaker tub and faucet in my master bathroom. He jumped ship before job was barely started. So now instead of being out any more money, I figured I would try and do it myself. I am adept at plumbing work - but have never installed a tub before. I've never installed a...
  3. S

moving Vanity drain from side wall to back wall

I am renovating a bathroom and the drain is coming from the side. This was done because the vent stack is on that side wall. The wall directly behind the vanity would be an outer wall. Refer to the images attached for clearer view. I am planning to put an Ikea Godmorgan vanity with drawers. I...
  4. B

Wet vent

I am building a small cabin and would like feedback on my planned plumbing (see diagram). There's only 1 bathroom (lav, WC, shower) and a kitchen sink. Because of space restrictions, I'm wet venting some fixtures. This is the part I'm most iffy about, so any feedback on that specifically would...
  5. H

Toilet burps, doesn’t flush completely

Toilet tank burps and does not flush completely. Here’s what we we have done so far trying to rectify the problem. Bucket of water dumped in the toilet flushes completely, no apparent blockage. Other toilet and drains run freely. Vent water jet cleaned, good suction felt at vent intake when...
  6. C

Toilet installed on rough in - venting issue?

Hello all. I am finishing up a bathroom in our basement and we were "lucky" to have a rough in already in place. According to blueprints it was 3 pipes. 1 for shower with built in trap, 1 toilet, and 1 sink. We did not add a shower so that one is capped and unused. We added a toilet and a...
  7. J

Connecting mini split condensation drain to main. Vent or no?

Hi all, Looking for wisdom regarding configuration before I drywall. Is there any watch outs with this setup? Should I tee in a vent at beginning of line? House is 8 years old in Canada. Thanks in advance!
  8. K

Drain and vents

I am trying to plumb a sink a toilet in an old laundry room location. The old laundry room has a drain that goes into a pit. I know I have to dig up the floor to get a toilet pipe in to run to the pit in the floor. The pit is located behind the slop sink. There already is an existing vent in the...
  9. M

Benefit from an air admittance valve

Could I benefit from a local valve vent to help with my slow drain? Single sink drain system, but note the height of the rear wall outlet to the disposal. Whole system is vented thru the roof.
  10. D

Dryer Transition Hose concealed in wall

I recently had my washer/dryer room renovated, and when I started using the dryer, the transition hose ripped. I noticed that my contractor ran the entire length of the transition hose through my wall (picture attached - the red markup is a photoshopped rendition). Is this legal? How dangerous...
  11. hellocward

Can I add a bend in my vent stack?

Hello, I want to add a bend to my vent stack before it goes through the roof. Is this ok to do? The vent serves one shower drain and one toilet drain. See photo. Green is what it does currently. NOTE: I'd like to REMOVE the GREEN LINE entirely, and replace with the yellow line. Will this still...
  12. U

Moving vent to remove bathroom divider wall

Hello, I'm planning on removing this wall and moving the vent that is currently housed there. I'm wondering though what is the best way to relocate the vertical part over about a foot and a half so that I can eliminate the wall that is sticking out so I can put a larger vanity in. I want to...
  13. W

Proper venting of bathroom

My first plumbing project and I could use some help. This 10x10 bathroom has 2 sinks, 1 toilet and 2 shower drains. Is the single vent on the main sewer sufficient or do I need an independent vent on any of these fixtures?
  14. C

Will my sink work? Fixture location question.

I had to demo a bathroom laundry area due to a leak in my 70 year old house, now I am taking the opportunity to remodel. I am an intrepid diy’er, if I have a plan and I know the steps, I can do the work. I have included a photo to show roughly the plan of where I’d like to put things. The pipe...
  15. D

Slow Drain, Kitchen Remodel - Double Bowl Sink to Single Bowl Sink

HELP!!! We're finishing up a year-long remodel of my kitchen. We went from a double bowl sink (garbage disposal on left bowl, with no dishwasher), to a deep single bowl sink (garbage disposal installed, with dishwasher left of sink). In the old kitchen arrangement, there was a bulkhead we...
  16. P

Trying to move bulkhead - issue with structure in the way of pipes.

I have a question here regarding my vent. In the pictures, there is the main vent (on the right) which ties into the toilet and vanity vent (on the left). This is currently installed with 45 degree adapters at the top, presumably (I thought) so that they would not cut too much out of the top...
  17. O

Venting with AAVs

We have a new house under construction, small project for my retirement. I made a short video of the layout, I would greatly appreciate anyone telling me what part of the venting system would violate code: Small change to the video - the inspector said that I needed at least 3" of natural...
  18. D

Novice plumber - Basement finish with bathroom

Good day everyone- What a forum. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and I am ready to learn. Glad to be here. I am working on finishing my basement. Im onto the bathroom plumbing. The builder looks to have somewhat roughed in for a bathroom. Ive attached some pictures. Im unsure what...
  19. B

Are these drain lines installed correctly?

I was curious if the laundry drain lines and vents are installed correctly in these photos. Eventually, a sink for a 1/2” bath will be added, but I wanted to see if anything needed to be fixed before going any further.
  20. R

Downstairs Toilet Bubble Explosion, Floor Drain Overflows -No Apparent Clog in Plumbing or Vent Pipe

Hi all, This past Summer we purchased our first house, a split-level from the 1960's. With this purchase we had the sewer line inspected by camera and cleaned a couple months after we moved in. Since we've had the house, the basement toilet splashes when upstairs toilet is flushed. These...
Back