sediment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jguff330

Water is dark brown after softener regen

When my softener does a regen, the water looks like this for about 24 hours . It will (mostly) clear up after a couple minutes if I let it run and look like this. Years back, my pump started to go out and the only sign was because the water got real brown from being churned up inside the well...
  2. H

Mysterious sediment substance clogging hot water lines

Hello, We have had a mysterious problem for the last two months at our house. There has been a persistent flow of some sort of sediment that is clogging everything on the hot water side. Our setup: City water --> softener --> tankless heater We also have a recirculation loop with a small 6...
  3. T

Whole house sediment filter

Hello all! I'm the lucky owner of a new house! Unfortunately, it was built by drunks and owned for the past 16 years by an idiot. And I'm the bigger idiot for buying it! I need help with my whole house sediment filter. It's a GE GXWH08C. Unfortunately, it's very hard to come by as I'm guessing...
  4. J

Sediment after well pump kicks on

I recently installed a check valve before the pressure tank. I am now experiencing orange water with sediments only when my well pump kicks on. It last for about 10 seconds then clear and sediment free water. I have clear water and no sediments all the time until the well pump kicks on. It...
  5. alxbz1

Need advice slime in toilet tank & build up on sinks.

Hello! Just some background I live In a Tiny House which is setup like an RV with a RV hose, on someones property/ well water. I have avoided showering/bathing because of the water and taste ( when brushing my teeth), Originally I thought it was hard water but after getting quotes for possible...
Back