gas

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

Showers will not get Hot

Questions for the gurus out there: I recently bought a 17 year old house in the DFW area and it has propane appliances. There is an electric recirculator that is operated by buttons at all the faucets and is on a timer. The house has Delta Monitor faucets throughout the house and I have had to...
  2. T

gas pipe sizing 25 meters distance.

Hello, im trying to size a copper pipe to move LPG from a tank to a gas burner 25meters away. I need 180kw (600.000BTU/h) capacity. First stage pressure reducer lowers gas to 1.5 bar. Second stage pressure reducer can goes from around 0.5 - 1.5bar and outputs milibars. 1st way of doing it : Use...
  3. A

Can I splice the water heater gas supply line to add a dryer?

I have a 1/2 inch gas supply pipe, then a shutoff valve/reducer to 3/8, then 3/8 flex pipe to hot water heater. Hoping to splice-in so I can install a gas dryer. The 1/2" main gas supply is very short and threads look pretty sealed, so can I splice in a T splitter "after" the shut off valve...
  4. D

Propane Inlet Code Confusion (IRC 2015)

This is for a new piping system to feed propane (LP) to a new gas stove in the State of Connecticut which is governed by International Residential Code 2015 (IRC 2015). According to "G2421.2 (410.2) MP Regulators": 5. A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed between...
  5. D

Gas boiler, no heat to second floor.

I have 3 zones and the 2nd floor gets no heat, I bleed the lines and no water would come out. I filled the lines with a hose, still nothing. I added a Watts feed/pressure regulated and a few shark bites. There is no feeder in this furnace set up.
  6. K

Gas water heater : no flame issue ;-(

Hello, Flame will sometimes light up when the whole unit is poked / shaked or when I play around with the spark switch. It will sometimes make that additional sound as if it is triggering something. Then I will open the water and it will work. It seems that only when the trigger sound can be...
  7. J

Gas water heater pilot light question

Hello everyone my question is how much gas should the pilot on a hot water heater use? Should I see the dial in my gas meter turn? It turns slowly about one rotation every 20-30 min so about 1. Cubic foot per 40 min - hour
  8. S

LP Design Help

Hey there, First of all, I understand the dangers of LP. Due to both monetary and location issues I will be redesigning and installing my LP system. I am a contractor, and have some experience installing iron pipe natural gas systems. The small bit of plumbing work I’ve had to do on my own...
  9. T

Furnace not getting Propane?

The problem: Our furnace will turn on when set and then sporatically turn off and stay off for a couple hours before turning back on. Our furnace has a safety mechanism, where if it doesn't get the gas to lite after 3 attempts, it will shut-off for 2 hours. My theory is that when we use...
  10. A

CSST Gas Sizing

Hi I'm new and still trying to learn the trade. The project that i'm working on required to use CSST gas piping, but I don't know how to size that using table 1216.2(17) in the CPC. CSST sizes based on the Equivalent Hydraulic Diameter not the actual diameter. So how do I convert from EHD to...
  11. C

Gas Cooktop and LP conversion kit

I purchased a Bosch 5 burner gas cooktop floor model and need to acquire an LP conversion kit. The only thing that I can find is from Bosch https://www.bosch-home.com/us/store/accessories/00668721 and was wondering if this was my only option or is it possible to acquire a universal set or...
  12. De-Don

Time to replace my Gas Hot H2O Heater. Advice?

MY A.O.Smith FPS40, a NG Power Vented Unit is now leaking profusely out of the bottom of the tank, a trail of trickling HOT water escapes the lower shroud near the front pilot access door and trails down to the concrete floor beneath the metal seat on which the whole unit sits. I can't...
Back