faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

bathroom sink faucet identification

Community Members, Need helpers to identify the manufacturer of the bathroom faucet that is attached to the post. I need to get the cartridge and the handle. Thanks
  2. E

Showers will not get Hot

Questions for the gurus out there: I recently bought a 17 year old house in the DFW area and it has propane appliances. There is an electric recirculator that is operated by buttons at all the faucets and is on a timer. The house has Delta Monitor faucets throughout the house and I have had to...
  3. coolyellowjacket

How to add a hand shower to a tub that does not have one ?

Hi We are moving into a new home that has a strange jacuzzi tub. It does not have a hand shower connection, water flows in the tub using another outlet attached directly to the tub. We like to have a hand shower as well. Any idea how that can be done ? The picture of tub is attached. Any helped...
  4. K

Confused about choosing the right shower handle

Currently I have the simple single handle knob for my shower. I purchased a Pfister shower handle but it doesn't fit. I need advise on what kind I should be looking for or if there is some kind of extension for the 16 tooth spindle thingy. My house is old so I am going for a cross handle or...
  5. D

Help replacing bathroom sink faucet

I'm trying to replace the sink faucet in my bathroom and the faucet handles are held in place with 1.5" nuts under the sink that I can't undo for the life of me. Tried plumber's wrench, basin wrench, vice grips, Rigid EZ Change faucet tool, WD 40 and nothing will do it. Is there a way to...
  6. NotVerySmart7

Water purification system to drinking water faucet

I purchased a water filtration system and drinking water faucet from home depot and have questions about the hookup. The purification system came with two 3/8" OD hoses for hookup from cold water shut off to purifier, and from purifier to faucet. Problem is, the faucet that I purchased is 1/4"...
  7. Barrychapman

Installing tub with freestanding faucet

I had a guy to install a soaker tub and faucet in my master bathroom. He jumped ship before job was barely started. So now instead of being out any more money, I figured I would try and do it myself. I am adept at plumbing work - but have never installed a tub before. I've never installed a...
  8. C

Shower Pull on tub Faucet Leaks

The pull to turn the shower on drips while tub is in use. Is there call for concern? What does this mean? I’d like to fix it if there was a way. Thanks in advance.
  9. J

Help with identifying shower faucet

Hi everyone, My shower faucet isn’t working, but the tub faucet is - and the issue is that I don’t see a brand name anywhere. I unscrewed the faucet and still didn’t see anything on the back. I was wondering if anyone recognizes this piece from the photo? Thanks so much!!!
  10. D

Delta faucet 2594-mpu-dst leaking down liftrod hole after new cartridges installed

Hi all, My wife and I built our home in 2017. The builder installed 5 Delta faucets model 2594-mpu-dst in 3 bathrooms. About a month ago we noticed we had leaks under 3 of the 5 faucets. There is some minor water damage to the cabinet but nothing I'm going to worry about. I did some searching...
  11. Platypusrex256

Replacing 3/4 inch diverter spout

I have this tub spout where the diverter broke and is basically unsalvageable. I talked to Grohe support and they told me any 3/4 spout would work so I got a cheap one. Problem is it appears the old spout left a nut on the 3/4 pipe and it rounded so I don’t know how to pop it off. Any ideas?
  12. V

Replace faucet but don’t know how to unattached it from shut off valve

We have these shut off valves (shown in pic). I need to change my faucet. How do I remove the supply line from the shut off valve?
  13. B

Laundry trap seal primer line

Hi, I want to replace the brass 2 handle laundry faucet with a single handle. My faucet has a line the runs under the concrete to the floor drain (trap seal primer). There are no faucets that include a connection for the trap line. Do I need a trap seal primer to attach to the water line or can...
  14. C

HELP! Kitchen Faucet Aerator Removal

Anyone know how I remove the end of this to remove/replace the aerator?
  15. J

What type of faucet is this? Trying to fix dripping from faucet

Hello I’m trying to figure out how to fix our faucet from constantly dripping, but I’m not sure what type of faucet this is. Can anyone help? I’ve attached some pictures
  16. plumbingal

Any adapter for iron pipe thread to dishwasher snap coupling?

Hi guys!! Trying to connect a countertop dishwasher, but the kitchen faucet is one of the pull-out types. The hose that unscrews from the spray head appears to be iron pipe thread. I can't seem to find any adapter that fits either the spray head aerator thread or the hose thread. Thanks in...
  17. dtarvin

Do I need to replace this faucet?

I have a bathroom faucet that runs even when the handle is in the off position. I took off the aerator, which was scratched up, and saw that the washer didn’t look good. I bought a new aerator with washer and screwed it in. The water was still running when shut off. So I put my phone in selfie...
  18. J

American Standard cartridge replacement

I'm unsure as to how to get to the cartridge for this type of faucet handle. I see no cap to remove. Any help is much appreciated.
  19. A

Replacing my old laundry water faucets need help and tips on how to remove old faucets

Hello, so I'm a complete newbie on plumbing and how any of these works, but I'm trying to replace my old laundry faucets and put new ones in because the current ones are leaky. I recently moved into the house and noticed the faucets leaking when I hooked up my laundry machines and turn the knobs...
  20. B

Moen Tub Faucet Handle Replacement

The shower/tub in the guest bath of my condo built in the 80s has a combination faucet and handle that is all in one piece (as shown in pictures). It is in rough shape and I would like to replace it, the only problem being I can't seem to find a modern product that is similar and a separate...
Back