water softener

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mikeee321

Water Softener/pH neutralizer question

Hi all, I currently have a pH neutralizer which feeds into a water softener, to an aeration tank, then to a UV light then goes to the house. I recently had my water tested, both raw and from a faucet (hardness wasn't included in the tap water test). Since the hardness of the raw water is...
  2. jguff330

Water is dark brown after softener regen

When my softener does a regen, the water looks like this for about 24 hours . It will (mostly) clear up after a couple minutes if I let it run and look like this. Years back, my pump started to go out and the only sign was because the water got real brown from being churned up inside the well...
  3. MichMich

New house, need WATER SOFTENER

Building a new house in S Texas. We have very hard water here. Need to install water softener. I have two water heaters (40 gal each) and a pre plumber for water softener pipe. 1) what water softener should I install, 6 people household 2) are the ANY good ones SALTLESS ones? like this one...
  4. N

Advice needed to pass inspection: Water Softener Standpipe venting

Hello, I'm from New Jersey and recently installed a water filtration system. I hired a licensed plumber through the company which sold me the filtration equipment and requested ahead of time to pull a permit. I even had to pay an extra $200 to that company for them to pull the permit. The...
  5. K

Water inlet to house for water softener

Hi folks, Wondering if you can help me. I am currently trying to install a water softener. I see two pipes coming from the wall I wondering if anyone can tell me which is the inlet coming into the house or maybe propose a method on how I figure this out. So far the two faucet things do shut...
  6. S

Water softener drain did not work

I am installing a water softener, the floor drain is too far so I decided to tap into an existing drain from an upstairs bathtub drain. I put in a T with a p trap and a vertical pipe. All of this is 1 1/2 black pipe. The problem is when I turn on the bathtub water comes out through the new P...
  7. M

Spring water help

My wife and I just bought a house with spring water from a house with town water. Ever since we moved in, after she showers, her hair feels greasy and knotted up when we run our fingers through it. Also our skin feels kind of sticky after we get out of the shower and are drying off. Is spring...
  8. B

Compact format water softener

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground floor but this costs a fortune over the long run and is frankly a ballache when you're on the 12th floor. A colossal waste of time. Not to mention...
  9. Z

Water line size

I just installed a whole home filter and water softener and there seems to be a pressure problem. The pressure relief valve on the filter keeps leaking and the softener won’t fill. I have replaced the old copper tubing with 3/4” CPVC leading up to the softener and going away from the softener...
  10. R

Is this a loop?

I'm in need of a water softener install in my garage and every plumber I call they ask if I have a loop installed already or if I need a loop installed. I don't know if I have a loop or not. here is the picture of my water heater in the garage and something that looks like a loop? also I heard...
  11. A

Water Softening Questions

Hello, I have a few questions about water softening options. My water is in the medium/high hardness range (according to testing strips) and I was wondering: a) Is a water softening system necessary due to the damage the scaling and mineral deposits can cause, or is it just a personal...
  12. P

Standpipes and laundry sink

I'm going to replace an old concrete double width laundry tub with a newer plastic setup. The existing has no standpipes. Instead, the washing machine is hooked over one end of the tub and the opposite side of the tub has the water softener drain. Since these drains are a good 5 ft. apart I'm...
Back