pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Mysterious Water Pressure Variations - Help Needed

Hello, I have joined this forum to ask this question as all of my research has come up short. To preface, back in March 2023 my pressure reducing valve (PRV) failed in my home. I found the failure due to one of my various water leak detectors around the home notifying me that a leak was...
  2. R

Issue with hot water system (pump)

Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor. For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle. At the...
  3. D

Boosting city water without over boosting

I have about 40 psi pressure from my city water. I replaced a water heater and the pressure is even lower now from that side. I've looked at boosters but I only want to boost the pressure to a total of about 60 psi so I don't damage my plumbing system would I need a reduce as well installed...
  4. N

Pump not keeping up

My pump does not seem to be keeping up with demand. A bit of backstory: We came home from a walk and noticed a clicking sound. I saw the water pressure gauge fluctuating rapidly and realized the noise was the pressure switch (40-60lb) for our irrigation well - it was cycling very rapidly...
  5. R

Pressurized Fitting Tool

I had a dishwasher installer come in with my new dishwasher and he said he couldn't install my new dishwasher because it needs a pressurized fitting on the line and he doesn't have the tool to do that. So I need to get that done before he can start the install. Can any one tell me what the tool...
  6. R

Pump will not cut off

So I have a 2 pipe well pump that pumps water from my 60ft well, there’s 38 ft of water in there and 55ft of pipe. Recently I had a bunch of mud stir up in the bottom and get sucked into my pump. So I replaced my foot valve and a whole new water filter housing and filter. The water runs out of...
  7. A

Boiler pressure top up - cannot find filling loop

Hello, I am trying to top up the pressure in my boiler but I cannot find the filling loop even after watching a lot of tutorials. I know why the pressure decreased (radiator leak) so now it's solved and I just want to top up the pressure. Could you please help me with the picture attached if...
  8. H

Water pressure cutting out

A month ago we replaced the pressure tank & pressure switch as the bladder was busted. see previous post below to get info on the pump if needed. https://www.plumbingforums.com/threads/questions-about-my-well-pump.20049/#post-155643 After changing the pressure tank for the most part things...
  9. C

Hot water lost pressure on 2 shower

Hi all, After the plumber replaced my hot water pipe to the water heater, 2 of my showers and 1 kitchen faucets lost pressure on hot water( I guess that’s the right term) they were all working fine before that. All 2 shower valves and faucet are mixing valve, which is sharing 1 valve in the same...
  10. A

Splitting and rejoining water supply lines

I am making a heat exchanger for my shower trap arm. I have a 2" section of copper drain pipe that I want to coil the incoming water supply line around, before the supply feeds into the 3/4" inlet of my on-demand water heater. I already tried and failed at coiling 3/4" soft copper tubing around...
  11. rgarland

Suggested fittings for DIY solar shower

I am working on an outdoor shower to put on top of my van, but I spent hours at home depot trying to find the right hardware to fit things together. I am a complete newb, so any advice on finding the right parts is much appreciated. Here is my kindergarten cartoon of the idea: The tube on top...
  12. James90

Rheem 40 Gallon Tank Leaking from Pressure Valve Threads

I have a brand new 40 gallon Rheem hot water tank that was installed a few days ago. At first no problems no leaks anything, and I wake up this morning to water in the floor. I get to looking for the problem and it seems to be leaking from the threads l, seeping up from around the pressure...
  13. A

Clogged Faucets and Low pressure

I have 2 issues/questions. To start from the beginning, we just purchased and moved into a home at the beginning of November that has a private well, once we moved in I noticed we had water pressure issues. Upon investigation I found that all the faucets/fixtures with pressure issues were...
  14. D

Water pressure?

I have a three-story house with a basement and a well. The pump maintains 40 psi as measured on the gauge at the pump... in the basement. I have very low water pressure starting on the second floor. What can be done to increase the pressure on the second floor? I have a washer and dryer I want...
  15. T

Pump issues?

No changes made to the system lately but within the last week it seems we have 2 problems (or symptoms). 1) Two times we have lost pressure completely while someone was showering. The first time it was when the clothes washer was also running the second time it was when 2 showers...
  16. J

Standing Drain or "Standpipe" Pressure issue?

Hello, My block was recently pummeled by 3.5" of rain in less than two hours. There is a 45" standpipe in the only floor drain in the basement. My neighbors had sewage backup, i did not because of the standpipe. I might have gotten it worse - it seems as though a crack in the floor started...
  17. R

Pressure problems

Hello this is my first post on this forum! Hopefully I'm putting it in the right place. Ok here goes. I live in a mobile home so I don't have extra floors. So I removed and installed a new water heater(40g to 60g) and a water softener(42k bead). When I installed I plumbed 1/2" piping for the...
  18. B

Leaky main water shut off

Howdy The main water shut off coming into my basement has began to leak. My problem is that the shut off value is attached to the pipe as soon as it comes out of the block wall. Therefore, this leaves me no room to cut the valve off and attach a new one. Thoughts? Ideas? Also, what is the...
Back