flange

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Need help! Toilet, flange, and vinyl flooring, oh my!

Hello, I have a question about the toilet setup, and another question about the flooring around it. The toilet had leaked water around it, so we took up the toilet and scraped off the wax on the bottom. First Question: First problem: not level. When we took up, the toilet, we noticed there...
  2. berderder

Subfloor/crack in tile around toilet flange

Hi everyone, Replacing the upstairs toilet. The tile around the flange has a long thin crack in it. There is space around the flange as well as if tile wasn't quite cut to size to fit the (cast iron?) sewer drain. The screws for the flange hug pretty close to the perimeter of the hole in the...
  3. R

Leak under toilet into crawl (Video)

Hello, Hope you are all doing well. I have a leak under the toilet when you flush it and goes into the crawl. While I'm waiting to hear back from a plumber, I was hoping to get some opinions from y'all. Maybe it needs a new wax ring or flange replaced? The right bolt is a bit loose, so I'm...
  4. T

Difficult Flange Problem - Please Advise

Hello, I have a house that was built in 1962, and we're re-finishing the basement. The current cast iron toilet flange (shown in picture), is 4-3/4" at the opening, and then 3" down it reduces to 3-3/4". I purchased an Oatey Twist-N-Set replacement flange, but it doesn't quite reach down to the...
  5. L

Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Help

howdy, Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings. I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished...
  6. S

Flange Extender / Spacer after new floor installation

Hello, I have a new floor installed, and as it is seen in the picture the flange is lower by 3/4 from the floor level. The current flange looks that has a metal ring on it. Could someone recommend what flange extender should I use for this? I am thinking to take a PVC extender, and then to...
  7. filmaj

Very uneven flange - what should I do?

Hello everyone, Long-time lurker first-time poster. Total newbie and not a professional here so bear with me :) I bought a home this year (first one!) and in the basement I have a washroom with a toilet. I noticed the toilet was wobbly when we moved in but didn't think much of it until...
  8. C

Installing flange on recessed toilet pipe

I am replacing part of a subfloor that already had a recessed toilet drain pipe. We haven't secured the floor yet because we already have confusion on how the flange should rest on the recessed pipe. We want the flange to secure on the finished floor but at that height the flange doesnt rest on...
  9. T

What happens if the flange knockout cap goes down the toilet pipe??

I live in the city and I'm remodeling my upstairs bathroom. My flange knockout cap accidentally went down the 4in ASB pipe. How serious of an issue is this? What do I need to do to get it out? I've gotten some mixed answers. I had a plumber come and he scoped it out and found it to be about...
  10. F

Low flange - options?

Hi I am replacing a toilet where the flange is almost an inch under the tile. Previous owner had 2 regular wax rings stacked with both horns intact. Bolts are covered with some tile debris so I suppose I have to clean the keyholes out to place new bolts. However, I am not sure if it's better...
  11. D

Help with Toilet

I'm currently in Southern México. Puebla, to be exact. I decided to try and repair a toilet wax ring, knowing it could be more work than just that. I pulled the toilet, and found what you see in the picture. If you notice, the bolts that hold the toilet aren't aligned with the sewer pipe. It...
  12. R

Toilet Flange Replacement

I've got a toilet flange that needs to be replaced, and I started to do it myself by cutting through some of the top plastic but stopped when I felt like I might be over my head. I called a plumber to come take a look, and he's saying that because it's glued on and I cut it the way I did, we now...
  13. B

Broken toilet elbow

I recently moved into a new house. Upon inspecting one of the toilets i ended up having to replace its pvc flange as it had completely shattered. The problem is that while chipping away at the old flange i accidentally pierced through the elbow joint just about a quarter of an inch below where...
  14. R

Boiler circulator pump leaking flange/gasket replacement

Hi All, I've got a leaking circulator pump on my boiler. It appears that the gasket has failed and the exposure has done some damage to the flange and possibly the pump housing as well. I'm certainly no plumber but I'm pretty handy, so I'm going to try and replace this myself. Here is a link...
Back