iron

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

DWV Question for Cast Iron San Tee Replacement

Hello everyone! Working on a Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places we're working to replace. The toilets in the hall bath and master bath are back to back and drain into a 4" cast iron double...
  2. jguff330

Water is dark brown after softener regen

When my softener does a regen, the water looks like this for about 24 hours . It will (mostly) clear up after a couple minutes if I let it run and look like this. Years back, my pump started to go out and the only sign was because the water got real brown from being churned up inside the well...
  3. T

Difficult Flange Problem - Please Advise

Hello, I have a house that was built in 1962, and we're re-finishing the basement. The current cast iron toilet flange (shown in picture), is 4-3/4" at the opening, and then 3" down it reduces to 3-3/4". I purchased an Oatey Twist-N-Set replacement flange, but it doesn't quite reach down to the...
  4. MrNate

Well water filter suggestions

I have an outdoor greenhouse that has water connected straight from the well. Our water has high amounts of iron in it so I had it go through a 2 stage water filter (commonly used for RVs and such) to hopefully filter at least most of it out. The input is straight from the well and the output is...
  5. G

Hot Water Tank gone bad? - Rust dust when using hot water

Hi, I'm looking for some help with identifying debris in sinks/tubs when using hot water and how to fix it. We are on a well, and iron in the water for which we have an iron filtration system (chlorine metered into holding tank, then filtered through two filter canisters (4ft tall by 10" wide...
  6. H

Replacing an Old cast drain pipe

Hi everyone, So we moved in this place a year ago, and we just found out in the basement laundry-room that the old sink that we removed is connected to an old Cast iron drain pipe, and that the service connection on it is the source of "bad" sewer type of smell. so my question is how can i...
  7. J

Brand New Cast Iron shower drain already rusting

We just got our bathroom remodeled, and a new shower built, and while sealing the grout I noticed that the Cast Iron drain was already rusting. We only used the shower once to test the faucet. What should we do? Is there any way to stop the spreading of rust? Taken through the drain cover...
Back