caulk

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Plumber's putty and silicone caulk on bathroom drain

We had a cleaner in our home and they cleaned out the exposed plumbers putty that was showing by the shower pan drain flange. It wasn't a large amount of plumber's putty. I haven't seen any signs of a leak but we've also stopped using the shower. I've searched a lot to find any information...
  2. G

PVC to Cast leak

Today I finally caved and had a plumber replace my main 4” cast in the basement. On top of being very messy and not cleaning up, they left me with a leak. I assume they caulked this with lead and oakum. Is this the preferred method? Why not just cut it slightly before the wye and use a Fernco...
  3. Andrei

Caulk / Silicone to seal around copper pipe

Need to seal gaps around copper pipe that is coming out of a dry wall.. Looking for a type of silicone / caulk that would do the job without corroding copper pipe.. Any brand recommendation, or type that I can grab from Lowe's or HD? Thanks!
  4. J

Husband peeing on floor beside toilet

My husband has Alzheimer's and has lately started peeing on the floor on both sides of the toilet. I'm afraid the urine will seep into the floor under and around the toilet. Also, On one side is a wooden vanity, on the other side is a wall and baseboard, and on the other side is the bathtub. The...
Back