toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

Move toilet and add elbows

Looking to move a 3" waste drain over to the 21-22" mark shown in the first image so it's not so close to the wall. 2nd floor, no waste above this level. Plan to elbow through the 2x10, and then back up to the toilet. A street elbow and a two hub elbow puts the flange about where I'd want it...
  2. P

Toilet - Replacement recommendation

Situation: The current toilet is a Kohler with a canister flush valve. It is only around 7 years old; however, the customer is complaining that it is a poor flusher. My term, not theirs, but you get the idea. I have been there a couple of times, have tried to make minor adjustment as possible...
  3. smacman7

Toilet Move Drain and Vent

Greetings, I am planning a full DIY remodel of our main bathroom. As far as plumbing goes, the plan is to replace shower/tub combo, replace large double vanity with a smaller single, and move the toilet a few feet to be next to vanity. My main question is about the toilet move, as the whole...
  4. A

Need help! Toilet, flange, and vinyl flooring, oh my!

Hello, I have a question about the toilet setup, and another question about the flooring around it. The toilet had leaked water around it, so we took up the toilet and scraped off the wax on the bottom. First Question: First problem: not level. When we took up, the toilet, we noticed there...
  5. berderder

Subfloor/crack in tile around toilet flange

Hi everyone, Replacing the upstairs toilet. The tile around the flange has a long thin crack in it. There is space around the flange as well as if tile wasn't quite cut to size to fit the (cast iron?) sewer drain. The screws for the flange hug pretty close to the perimeter of the hole in the...
  6. P

Toddler flushed drain stopper

Hello, As title suggests, my 3 year old flushed a standard bathroom sink drain stopper down the toilet. After he flushed it, I flushed again and heard a rattle in the pipes but no sounds with every subsequent flush. Is it likely it went clean through without getting lodged in the pipes? No...
  7. R

Leak under toilet into crawl (Video)

Hello, Hope you are all doing well. I have a leak under the toilet when you flush it and goes into the crawl. While I'm waiting to hear back from a plumber, I was hoping to get some opinions from y'all. Maybe it needs a new wax ring or flange replaced? The right bolt is a bit loose, so I'm...
  8. W

Black growth in toilet bowl after a few weeks away

I left home for a few weeks. Right before leaving, I disinfected all three toilets. On return, there was an awful smell and I found a disgusting thick black film on the upstairs toilet. Initially, based on the snell, I thought an animal had died in the house. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the...
  9. BidetBobby

Trying to connect bidet to sink's hot water valve that is too big for 3/8 and too small for 1/2.

Hi there, Recently bought a bidet that comes with a hot water connection, but neither the 3/8 or 1/2 T-Adapter for the bidet is compatible with the sink's hot water valve. I thought the valve was 7/16, but I bought a 7/16 Female x 1/2 MIP Reducing Adapter and it doesn't fit, either. I've been...
  10. Z

Don't want wall hung toilet

I have a small house, 1 bath, 1 story, built on slab. A previous owner changed from a floor mounted toilet to a wall hung toilet some time in the 80s. Amazingly this 80s Geberit toilet is still running fine. I'd like to get back to a toilet that is supported by the floor rather than the...
  11. JXS

Toto Dalton Toilet Repairs

Hello - I have a Toto Dalton toilet I've been asked to repair by a relative. The gasket at the bottom of the flush valve is leaking, and I’ve concluded this because the flapper was just replaced and the problem has persisted, so therefore it must be the flush valve itself. However, before I...
  12. A

Replacement Toilet Flange in Concrete | 6" Extended Barrel Flange (?)

Hello - I'm replacing an old toilet in my basement. The original toilet hadn't been used in years, and the flange was nothing more than rust and wax, so I ripped all that out to find that a standard replacement flange does not reach my drain inlet, as the drain inlet sits BELOW 3.5" of...
  13. jennywinters94

Wall Mounted Vitra Toilet Howling!

Hello - my husband and I have just moved into our new home that has wall mounted Vitra toilets. We have had a few plumbers out, and no one is familiar with them/knows how to trouble shoot. Basically, every time we flush it howls/whistles for about 45 seconds. I've tried reaching out to the...
  14. T

Difficult Flange Problem - Please Advise

Hello, I have a house that was built in 1962, and we're re-finishing the basement. The current cast iron toilet flange (shown in picture), is 4-3/4" at the opening, and then 3" down it reduces to 3-3/4". I purchased an Oatey Twist-N-Set replacement flange, but it doesn't quite reach down to the...
  15. tm2428

Toilet Rough In ~11”

I wanted to change out a toilet in my house, but when I measured the rough in, it’s ~ 11.5”. Any advice on what type of toilet to purchase? I’m a novice so don’t want to screw this up!
  16. L

Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Help

howdy, Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings. I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished...
  17. Goss92

Comodes for my Abode! 🚽 Need advice...

OK! Here we go. I have 3 toilets. They have been repaired by various plumbers multiple times. They continue to flush poorly, clog, and leak. I am tired of this. Recently I made it to Home Depot and was graced with three toilets that are normally very pricy for only $160 a toilet. I would like...
  18. S

Toilet recommendation

Hello, I am looking for a toilet recommendation. I've seen a few online and one is this: Kohler Memoirs Stately and other one is: Kohler Transpose Elongate The first one is nice however has a new (no screw) installation that concerns me a bit, because it looks that it has 2 points of...
  19. S

Flange Extender / Spacer after new floor installation

Hello, I have a new floor installed, and as it is seen in the picture the flange is lower by 3/4 from the floor level. The current flange looks that has a metal ring on it. Could someone recommend what flange extender should I use for this? I am thinking to take a PVC extender, and then to...
  20. M

DIYer - Best way to replace leaky valve on end of polybutylene line?

PHOTO The valve on the end of a polybutylene line is leaking and the valve won't come off (I tried dousing the entire thing in WD40, won't budge). I did some research and it seems I can use a "Shark Bite" on the end of the line but it also seems that many plumbers are against using "Shark...
Back