leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. leonardomr

Fix Valve Leaking

Hey guys, The valve that goes to my washing machine is leaking when I open it. The leak comes from the black arrow in the image. I would like to know if the part circled in red is a nut that I can tighten to solve the problem. Note: I tried but that piece didn't move (maybe I need to apply more...
  2. S

Help troubleshooting a plumbing issue

Hello. I am new here. Posting to ask about an issue I am having. I am not a pro just a DIY guy who likes to learn. Question: I have a posi-temp moen single-handle shower system with no balancing valve. Uses a Moen 1222 cart. The tub spout had a constant small drip/stream of water coming from...
  3. berderder

Recommendations for kitchen sink and basement below?

Hi ya'll, While trying to install a filtered water spout, I opened up pandora's box with corroded fittings on my water supply lines. Even after removing as much gunk as possible from copper (or is it brass?) elbow and hand tightening new MIP nipple with clockwise teflon tape, I'm still getting...
  4. rob weaver

Kitchen Sink PVC line help.

Water is coming up at the top of the connection for a while now. What is needed to fix this? Water is where the brown crud is on top.
  5. R

Leak under toilet into crawl (Video)

Hello, Hope you are all doing well. I have a leak under the toilet when you flush it and goes into the crawl. While I'm waiting to hear back from a plumber, I was hoping to get some opinions from y'all. Maybe it needs a new wax ring or flange replaced? The right bolt is a bit loose, so I'm...
  6. M

Can not find my water meter!!

Hey there! The water company recently reached out and mentioned that your water consumption is a bit high, and they suspect there might be a leak in your house. when I check the water gate I saw it doesn't have a water meter. Can anyone shed some light on why that might be the case?
  7. B

Cartridge Identification

I have a leaky bathtub faucet, but I do not know the manufacturer of the faucet. A few folks have suggested I might have a Danco, but I cannot seem to get any help from the Danco folks to verify as much. Can you take a look at the attached images and identify the manufacturer and even better...
  8. R

Intermittent leak on kitchen worksurface

Trying to work out what this could be. It’s been appearing intermittently for over a year now. Thought it could be rain getting through an outside vent but today is a lovely sunny day. Haven’t used the washing machine for at least two days so can’t be that. The kitchen sink is on the same side...
  9. D

PVC fitting leak

Could anyone help me with the best solution to fix this PVC fitting on our shower mixer? I’m guessing I messed it up when changing the mixer cartridge. There’s the tiniest slowest leak dripping out the bottom. What be the easiest solution here? Thanks in advance
  10. T

Metal pex (female) connection to poly threads will not stop leaking

Recently installed an inline water filter in crawl space. On a well. Mfg provides a black plastic/poly type coupler on each side of filter. 1 inch threads into filter, and 3/4 on other end for pipe connection. I connected a 3/4 pex brass female NPT to the poly coupler. Wrapped with about ten...
  11. M

Questions About Main Water Line Leak Near House

Yesterday we noticed a small stream of water that was coming from the side of our ttached garage and draining to the street. It looks like we have a leak in the main water line between the water meter and our house. The leak is either in the concrete stem wall in the garage where the main line...
  12. K

Mysterious High Water Usage

We have a high water bill, ~30k gallons of usage a month for 3 people, and have done all of the following tests for leaks dye in the toilet tank and checked after 10 minutes -> no visible dye in the bowl turn off all appliances and did not use water overnight ~8 hours and checked the meter ->...
  13. J

Vent pipe leaking from bottom

hello. the pipe that goes from house through the roof, from my research it seems that it is called a vent pipe. well, this pipe has started leaking at the bottom (see image) when i run my dish washer. the dish washer is about 20 feet away from that location. my bathroom tub area also gurgles...
  14. D

Delta faucet 2594-mpu-dst leaking down liftrod hole after new cartridges installed

Hi all, My wife and I built our home in 2017. The builder installed 5 Delta faucets model 2594-mpu-dst in 3 bathrooms. About a month ago we noticed we had leaks under 3 of the 5 faucets. There is some minor water damage to the cabinet but nothing I'm going to worry about. I did some searching...
  15. F

Strange very green lump of grass in yard....

Can anyone tell me if the lump in the front of my apartment is really from a sprinkler? This place has had issues with plumping as far as clogged drains. Its right next to a clean out area. I am worried that its a leak in the sewer line.. I'm no plumber so that's why I am asking.
  16. A

Does this valve need replaced or just tightened?

I have a leaky radiator valve in my house. I've tried just tightening up the nut, but I'm really struggling to move it. Just wondering if tightening is all that's needed or did this valve need replaced? Hopefully it's clear from the photos that there is a lot of black oxidisation on the valve...
  17. C

New toilet, keeps running. Help!

I am sure I’m just a novice and can’t figure out what is wrong. I moved into a newly built home in October. Our downstairs toilet is a Kholer K39990 I think. It keeps running on its own every hour or so. My quick research said to replace the black rubber piece under the cap. Tried that to no...
  18. C

Leaky old NYC Tub Faucet

Hi All, Out of nowhere, I have been having a constant leak in the tub that has been getting worse and causing mold to build in the tub. It appears that only the cold water is leaking but cannot be completely sure. I live in an old building in NYC and am unsure what needs to be done to stop the...
  19. A

Why is my shower head leaking?

I have installed 2 brand new shower heads on the same shower and both leaked, which leads me to believe something else is going on. It leaks out of the the shower head holes, not any connections. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? I just recently installed a new Delta 1400...
  20. A

Shower Handle Leaking

How do you remove this cartridge? I am looking for a nut or a pin and I am having no such looking trying to remove this. Maybe this one has a special trick to release it? I am thinking about replacing this to see if the leak will stop. Any other suggestions?
Back