tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Tub Drain Question

Hello everyone, I am doing a remodel and have tied my new bath drain into a conveniently placed existing vent. Based on my research I thought it would be okay in this circumstance but am now questioning the setup and looking for a second or third opinion. The new bath drain ties into the...
  2. E

Tub Drain won’t unscrew

I have been working all day trying to get the old tub drain unscrewed. I tried everything I could find online, WD40, heat, I pulled the lip up and scrapped out as much of the putty as I could. The drain is old and does not have cross members but had two vertical indents so I put a pry bar in and...
  3. coolyellowjacket

How to add a hand shower to a tub that does not have one ?

Hi We are moving into a new home that has a strange jacuzzi tub. It does not have a hand shower connection, water flows in the tub using another outlet attached directly to the tub. We like to have a hand shower as well. Any idea how that can be done ? The picture of tub is attached. Any helped...
  4. mcurrie84

(Almost) No Hot Water Out of Shower/Tub Faucet

I am a new homeowner and am learning the ropes. We have a tankless coil water heater on our oil furnace. The hot water pressure in the entire house leaves a lot to be desired and has gotten worse as of late. I suspect the coils need to be cleaned and I'll get to that as soon as I can. However...
  5. rob weaver

Fiberglass tub drain keeps leaking...

I've got a Fiberglass tub, cannot get the gasket to seal at the drain. Keeps leaking from below, thus cause our floor to rot underneath. Seems like the drain opening isn't level. Is there any way to fix this? Would sanding or JB WaterWeld work?
  6. rob weaver

Shower faucet line help.

Ok, I know it looks bad lol. I can't remember what type of metal connector was used on the 2 line behind tube. Looks like a washer and screw on fitting. I've ran new pex and cut offs up to it but need new connectors. PLEASE HELP.
  7. Barrychapman

Installing tub with freestanding faucet

I had a guy to install a soaker tub and faucet in my master bathroom. He jumped ship before job was barely started. So now instead of being out any more money, I figured I would try and do it myself. I am adept at plumbing work - but have never installed a tub before. I've never installed a...
  8. F

Tub to Shower in a condo

I have a contractor who wants to turn a tub into a shower in a condo and I can't get access to the unit below to replace the p trap with a new 2" line and the floor demo must be kept to a minimal. I haven't been able to find a way to adapt onto the existing 1 1/2" copper tub waste to transition...
  9. C

Shower Pull on tub Faucet Leaks

The pull to turn the shower on drips while tub is in use. Is there call for concern? What does this mean? I’d like to fix it if there was a way. Thanks in advance.
  10. G

Can anyone help me identify this piece?

11. tage59

What tub spout will fit??

Can someone please tell me what type of tub spout will fit this? Current model is a Masco 32192. The entire internet confuses me on what this is. Thought slip fit, but I need a spout that has this insert and all photos of new ones look hollow. I also want a Delta, has to have diverter and be...
  12. D

Tub & Toilet Drain Mixing, Leaking

I recently discovered sewage in the P trap beneath my tub. The tub drain line connects to the main sewer at a junction just beneath the toilet before the sewer line drops to its lowest point and passes out of the house. If there's sewage in the tub P trap, I suspect that means there's a...
  13. M

Tiny crack in tub silicone caulk

There was a very tiny gap in a section of silicone on our newly installed bathtub between the wall and the tub. It's small, but big enough I can almost fit my finger nail in. We took a shower in the tub around 4 times before discovering the gap. The gap is also near to the shower head. The...
  14. R

Old tub drain leaking

We discovered a leak at a joint where the tub drains. House was built in 60s and the drain lines under the slab are cast iron. Not sure what going on where the leak is.. Looks like maybe copper to cast iron. The pipe with the weird flat flange must be part of a trap - holding water. Any...
  15. webmonk

Water Dripping From Shower Head

I've read what I could about this topic and have made a number of changes but still have the problem. I am renovating a house and one of the showers I ran 1/2" PEX from the valve to the shower head. When I turned on the tub faucet it would drip quite a lot from the shower head. I never...
  16. D

Tub drain without a trap -no room

Folks, I started smelling sewer gas in the bath in our basement bathroom. I identified the source as the tub drain. I crawled into the cabinet on the floor and discovered there’s no trap for the drain, and it appears it wasn’t installed because there is no room for one. Are there any...
  17. B

Moen Tub Faucet Handle Replacement

The shower/tub in the guest bath of my condo built in the 80s has a combination faucet and handle that is all in one piece (as shown in pictures). It is in rough shape and I would like to replace it, the only problem being I can't seem to find a modern product that is similar and a separate...
  18. mky44

Low Water Pressure in Tub

Hello, I recently bought my first house last year. The upstairs guest bathroom has a tub. When you turn the water on the pressure is very low. If I turn the faucet to the left (hot) it will come out a little fast but not full pressure. If I turn it right (cold) the pressure drops. If it's in...
  19. J

Shower Arm Leak question

We are installing a new shower arm, and kept the Old Shower Arm plate, since it was larger and covered the original shower hole wall. However the new shower arm is smaller radius, so I see a noticeable gap in the internal hole (green box). It isn't as snug as previous. The picture quality...
  20. J

Moen Tub Spout Installation with cracks between Ring and Spout

I just installed a new Moen Tub Spout 179101. When installing it, you see a white portion with caulking. Everytime I press down on the spout lightly, I can see the spout separate, and see hole edges between the ring and spout (see green box). Is this the way, Moen Tub spout is supposed to be...
Back