bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

bathroom sink faucet identification

Community Members, Need helpers to identify the manufacturer of the bathroom faucet that is attached to the post. I need to get the cartridge and the handle. Thanks
  2. smacman7

Toilet Move Drain and Vent

Greetings, I am planning a full DIY remodel of our main bathroom. As far as plumbing goes, the plan is to replace shower/tub combo, replace large double vanity with a smaller single, and move the toilet a few feet to be next to vanity. My main question is about the toilet move, as the whole...
  3. M

Bathroom liner ok?

Hi, this is how the back wall liner looks to the shower , all green on the bottom, also green circles around screws going thru the liner. Is this mold and concerning or normal? Thank you!
  4. K

Adding a upstairs bathroom / kitchen sink help!!!!

First off I’m in the middle of nowhere in a 2 story shop house. First floor is set up with an apartment with a single bathroom and kitchen sink. I’m hoping to add a bathroom and kitchen sink upstairs. Existing plumbing as I can see is below I am unsure if there is any venting from the...
  5. shyitalian

Back water valves in bathroom floor?

We are putting in a bathroom in our basement and our contractor installed two new back water valves in the floor of the bathroom. I'm concerned that the access covers to these valves are going to screw up the look of the bathroom floor since they are right in the entrance to the bathroom. Any...
  6. D

Wood rot under shower

So I got my shower pan and everything else out, as I suspected there is a little wood rot. Most of it is solid and everything is dry but there are some small soft spots in the very outside corners. We aren’t wanting to remove the existing bathroom floor. For the new shower we are going to use...
  7. Barrychapman

Installing tub with freestanding faucet

I had a guy to install a soaker tub and faucet in my master bathroom. He jumped ship before job was barely started. So now instead of being out any more money, I figured I would try and do it myself. I am adept at plumbing work - but have never installed a tub before. I've never installed a...
  8. magictrampnj

Would I be able to buy that small plastic part only?

(no luck in HD/Lowe's nor nearby small shop so far)
  9. U

Bath Addition Question

Hi everyone, This is my first post here and I hope I can get an answer to my project question. I need to install a bathroom addition to an existing room in the home and when I'm going to run the sewer line it will enter the bath addition almost in the corner of the room. I'm not a plumber but I...
  10. P

Bathroom Drain Lines

Situation: Existing bathroom with no room to vent shower. Code for my area is IPC. PDFs and the jpgs are the same. Whichever work for you. Your thoughts on this drain line layout. Any issues with the WC drain entering the stack above the 2" drain? TIA
  11. D

Help please, Shower too powerful !

A friend had a new shower fitted along with a pump but they find it too powerful for them as the person that uses it is in his 80's and it actually hurts him what with his skin being very thin. Its a Aqualisa ipx4 and I wondered if anyone can tell me if the flow rate could be reduced?
  12. A

Can't find this part, please help!

The cross handles on our bath tub broke and I can find anything that will work to replace them! This is the original product, but I only need the porcelain white cross handles. They are discontinued and can't find them anywhere. I would settle for any handle that would fit but I also cant...
  13. J

What tool/method to use for tightening this faucet...

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help as I'm looking for a good way to tighten the Kohler faucet on this bathroom sink (Picture attached). It's a 3 post faucet setup and I can't (for the love of God) get any tool around this faucet nut to tighten it snug enough to not loosen up when...
  14. D

Novice plumber - Basement finish with bathroom

Good day everyone- What a forum. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and I am ready to learn. Glad to be here. I am working on finishing my basement. Im onto the bathroom plumbing. The builder looks to have somewhat roughed in for a bathroom. Ive attached some pictures. Im unsure what...
  15. J

Very bad smell from bathroom

Recently we noticed a bad smell coming from our downstairs bathroom. When we investigated it further it seem that there was some leakage from base of the toilet. So had a plumber come out, took out the toilet, and informed us that the wax ring had failed. So he replaced new wax ring and...
  16. mky44

Low Water Pressure in Tub

Hello, I recently bought my first house last year. The upstairs guest bathroom has a tub. When you turn the water on the pressure is very low. If I turn the faucet to the left (hot) it will come out a little fast but not full pressure. If I turn it right (cold) the pressure drops. If it's in...
  17. thewoo81

Patio Bathroom Project

So i am building a large outdoor patio. Since we live in the Texas Panhandle, my wife wanted a tornado shelter. We purchased a 4'x6' above ground shelter and rather than just have wasted space, i am going to make a bathroom w/ a toilet inside. I have a couple of questions about tying into my...
  18. J

Bathtub Knobs Help me plz

I want to replace my bathtub knobs but i cant find a suitable replacement for it, can you guys help me locate a good replacement thats fits because im using a wrench to turn off and on my cold water right now.
  19. J

New sink drain not lining up with P trap

Just had a new sink installed in my bathroom and the drain hole on this new sink is centered compared to my old sink which was off center and further back. When I look underneath the sink the P trap is now sitting about 5" farther back and slightly to the left side from where the sink hole is...
  20. S

Need help identifying bathtub faucet

Hello. Need help in identifying a bathroom faucet. This was already put in when we bought the house. It is now leaking and we have no idea how to take out the knobs. Any input helps! Thank you! C85D77B4-D79E-44D4-82A1-82517C53BDBD by stuy820 posted Dec 23, 2019 at 9:30...
Back