supply line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Check valve necessary on cold water supply?

I'm trying to find out if I need a check valve on my cold water supply line to my water heater. I have a tankless water heater, 2 gal expansion tank, and a separate recirculating pump. I had to replace part of my stack that cracked and noticed a check valve on the cold water supply that feeds...
  2. V

Replace faucet but don’t know how to unattached it from shut off valve

We have these shut off valves (shown in pic). I need to change my faucet. How do I remove the supply line from the shut off valve?
  3. S

$520 to replace (soldered) water supply lines to hot water heater?

I have a pinhole leak in the cold water supply line to my hot water heater. Not my area of expertise. Apparently it's soldered to the wall connection. Quote from plumber to replace both the cold water supply line as well as the hot water out line, and doing so with the standard threaded...
  4. A

Splitting and rejoining water supply lines

I am making a heat exchanger for my shower trap arm. I have a 2" section of copper drain pipe that I want to coil the incoming water supply line around, before the supply feeds into the 3/4" inlet of my on-demand water heater. I already tried and failed at coiling 3/4" soft copper tubing around...
  5. R

Help Identify this supply line connector

Hi everyone. I’m hoping someone can help me identify what the following connector is called. It goes to a bath sink and connects from the widespread handle stem to the center faucet stem. This connector connects to the handle stem. Hoping to find a replacement.
  6. B

Can you make your own pex supply line?

I was reading a plumbing article earlier today and it had this photo in it. It looks as if it’s a pex supply line with a push fitting at the end. Are these type of supply lines allowed? I’m curious because I can no longer purchase the hand tight only sink supply lines at my local hardware store...
Back