slow drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Slow tub drain

First time here, so patience, please. 1930 house. Tub drains very slowly. Tried small plunger (rag covering overfill pipe, screen removed, water in tub). Tried auger snake down overflow pipe, but couldn't get it to p=trap. In fact, snake got stick; took 30 minutes to coax it out. Besides...
  2. B-Mo

Bathtub drains extremely slow

So, about 1 month ago my bathtub suddenly started draining very slowly. The only "event" that seemed unique was a few days earlier my partner soaked her new moss pole, so a little bit of dead moss probably went down the drain. My house was built in the mid-eighties, all original plumbing as far...
  3. D

Slow Drain, Kitchen Remodel - Double Bowl Sink to Single Bowl Sink

HELP!!! We're finishing up a year-long remodel of my kitchen. We went from a double bowl sink (garbage disposal on left bowl, with no dishwasher), to a deep single bowl sink (garbage disposal installed, with dishwasher left of sink). In the old kitchen arrangement, there was a bulkhead we...
  4. C

Sink not draining, brand new.

Just install a single drain sink. Professionally installed by a licensed plumber. The sink is a Kurran single basin/drain and the drain is offset. At a low volume of water the sink drains fine but once you turn up the water flow volume, it starts to overflow and slowly drain. This is the...
  5. M

Bathroom sink slow draining

My parents moved into a 55 & over recently and their renovated bathroom sink is draining very poorly. Looks like the drain is either pitched back or it’s the way it flows. Attached are pictures of the sink draining, which takes about 2 minutes to fully drain after washing your hands, and the...
  6. E

Stumped on a Stopped Drain

963FF0DE-B74D-49E1-B1D3-60DB4090686A by eaglesflyer5 posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM9A0D08C5-B66B-4172-BA4A-3ECCB947FFB6 by eaglesflyer5 posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM73721B37-4664-4DB8-8BE5-DB470847B990 by eaglesflyer5 posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:56 AMGood morning. I had a slow draining bathroom...
  7. S

Funky nagging toilet issue-backing up and slow draining-all intermittent.

Ok here goes. I have a 3 story home with a bathroom on each floor and all are above each other which I assume that means they are on a shared drain line and vent stack. Im having a devil of a time figuring out what the real issue is thats troubling the toilets. I keep thinking I have a venting...
  8. S

Troubleshooting Sink/Shower

I have a bathroom with slow draining sink and shower. Toilet works fine. Sink does not have overflow opening. I've snaked sink with no results. Professional plumber snaked again, dis-assembled trap, re-assembled and noticed multiple small bubbles coming from sink grate as it drained. His...
Back