water meter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Can not find my water meter!!

Hey there! The water company recently reached out and mentioned that your water consumption is a bit high, and they suspect there might be a leak in your house. when I check the water gate I saw it doesn't have a water meter. Can anyone shed some light on why that might be the case?
  2. Salvador Tabarez

Strange water meter set up.

In my job as a water auditor, I always check residential water meters. Here in the metro Detroit area I am familiar with most meters used by the different municipalities. However I was in Oak Park MI doing an audit in a home when I came across this water meter. Unusual for me as I have never...
  3. R

400 foot service line installment difficulty level?

Hi. I live in North Carolina. I currently have no water service at my house (I use a line running from my neighbor's house lol) but I plan to have a water tap/meter installed by the city soon. My house is about 400 feet from where the meter will be and there are other utilities in the way...
  4. V

Water meter connection

Updating my home to PEX. Old galvanized pipe throughout. Looking at the connection to water meter currently and what to use to connect PEX. Will a PEX to FIP connector work or do I need a water meter connector? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
  5. A

Powerless Water Meter Recommendations

Hello. I am helping a client find a water meter with specific requirements that will work for a large drinking-fountain replacement project. The water meter needs to be powerless as battery-operated meters are too much of a maintenance nightmare and electrical plug-ins would require too much...
  6. A

What type of water meter shut off valves are these?

How can I tell if these water mater valves are gate valves or the other kind with the washer and seat? Also do gate valve go bad or do they just need to be repacked? Thanks, Artie.
Back