pex

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

Can Pex be used for Water Heater connections?

Can I use Pex directly to connections on top of electric water heater? It appears Pex is rated to 200 F now and most water heaters are set at 120F. Thanks!
  2. Aaron206

Pex and unknown fitting

does anyone recognize what type of pex this is and the fitting that is connected to it? I have to reconfigure some things and want to make sure I get the right fittings for the type of pex this is. This line is coming from my deep well pump to the water bladder in my shed then to the house...
  3. JonPabloEscargot

Is this pex bending & joints ok?

I had a repipe done. Are the joints and bending in this pex ok? First pic is service entry through block wall.
  4. J

OK to attach PEX to 2x4 & then insert assembly above garage ceiling?

Code says PEX needs to be fastened every 32" horizontally. To repipe bathrooms, I would need to remove 25' of drywall ceiling that is framed 2' below the upstairs floor joists. Could I attach PEX every 32" on a 2x4, to be inserted into the area, with the 2x4 to be fastened to the joists every...
  5. R

avoiding corrosion issues w/ lead-free brass

We recently bought a house in a small town with a municipal water system. They treat with chlorine (but claim not to use chloramine). I'm concerned about corrosion, particularly in the lead-free brass that's becoming so common; I know there's DNZ (dezincification-resisitant) brass, but not...
  6. T

Is this PEX or PB or ??

Good morning! Months ago a cleaning product containing bleach leaked inside a bathroom sink cabinet. It did a number on pretty much everything metallic. I thought the plumbing stops should be replaced. Problem is I don't have any experience with PEX or PEX-like plumbing. I took some...
  7. iambob

Fitting to connect tube to pex

I’ve added an RO filter in my mechanical room which is directly below my kitchen. the RO output is through a 3/8 inch OD tube. My refrigerator and a drinking water faucet are connected to a 1/2 inch PEX pipe. I need to connect the 3/8 tube to the PEX, but have not found any suitable, RO safe...
  8. BamBamm

No plumbing in old house...

The 3bed, 1bath, 1,400 sqft house was built in the '50s if I remember correctly. The previous owner deleted all the plumbing except for the copper inlet. I already changed the size from 1/2' copper to 3/4 Pex and its first stop is the toilet. I plan to run 3/4 Pex throughout the house reducing...
  9. G

Navien Combi boiler flush question

Hello, I am preparing to do a flush of my Navien NCB-240E combi boiler. I have it connected to a hydro air handler on the space heating closed loop side but for now I am only going to flush the domestic hot water side. In all of the YouTube videos I've watched the manifold systems have service...
  10. C

Ideas on sharkbite leaking at same point?

I am attempting to use sharkbite connections on a 3/4” pex line with a 3/4” that allows passthrough to a 4 port 1/2”closed manifold at the passthrough and a 3/4” pex to braided hot water connection. i am consistently getting a drip leak at the first point of the 3/4” tee. All other connections...
  11. webmonk

Water Dripping From Shower Head

I've read what I could about this topic and have made a number of changes but still have the problem. I am renovating a house and one of the showers I ran 1/2" PEX from the valve to the shower head. When I turned on the tub faucet it would drip quite a lot from the shower head. I never...
  12. G

Re-piping pipe size question

Hi, I am planning on re-piping the exposed pipe in my basement from copper and galvanized steel to PEX. Currently, my meter spits out 3/4" (which whoever put the piping in immediately cut down to 1/2"). My main run is then 1/2" and splits off to 1/2" for other runs. I am thinking of getting...
  13. D

Leak at 1" copper to pex connection

Hi, I found dampness in my garage and investigated to find that there's a leak where a copper pipe connects to a pex tube. How should I replace that fitting? Looks like it goes from copper to pex to another pex. Was that done just to bridge the gap? Also this is the house hot water supply line...
  14. P

PEX for a Water Main

In my area (Southern California) most plumbing companies seem to run poly pipe for the water main. Why isn’t PEX A a more popular option? From what I understand it needs to be sleeved, so does the foam insulation count? Also, I know it needs to turn into copper prior to going through their...
  15. V

Replacing galvanized pipes for entire house

Had a few questions. My house is about 65 years old and has galvanized water supply lines. Loosing pressure and crap breaking loose in the pipes is causing pressure drops. I have a 5/8" meter and the original supply from line 3/4 inch where it splits to feed water heater and rest of house...
  16. W

Differences in Pex Tubing

Can anyone offer any insight into the differences between manufacturers of pex tubing? I’m not talking about A, B, and C...just comparing one brands B to another. For instance, I’ve been shopping at Supply House (online) for Viega press fittings. Then came time to get the tubing and I noticed...
  17. C

Master shower water lines/ventilation

Hello all. Very new to this scene. here is a zoo of water lines that connect throughout my house. I was planning on tiling the this shower floor and walls. (A fiberglass shower and base pan were here previously) Does anyone have suggestions or advice as to keeping this plumbing how it is? Does...
  18. R.E.

PEX & minimizing the number of fittings

I've used PEX a few times as a DIY homeowner. I recently came across a few videos that show installations where numerous fittings were used in PEX runs, which I believe is contrary to the great benefits (in terms of reducing installation time, reducing the potential for leaks, maintaining...
  19. B

Can you make your own pex supply line?

I was reading a plumbing article earlier today and it had this photo in it. It looks as if it’s a pex supply line with a push fitting at the end. Are these type of supply lines allowed? I’m curious because I can no longer purchase the hand tight only sink supply lines at my local hardware store...
  20. B

Pex To Hot Water Heater

This gas hot water heater was installed three years ago, but I am concerned about the size of the pipe and 1/2” pex pipe being attached directly to the hot water heater. The tenant has not complained about anything, but I am curious if I should take the preventative-maintenance approach and...
Back