washing machine

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Washing machine check valve.

Hello everyone, My washer dryer is setup in the basement and my house is situated close to sewer drain. I am worried with present day weather situation that it might create a sewage backflow. I do not have a bathroom in the basement. Just washer dryer and the only entry point for sewage...
  2. leonardomr

Fix Valve Leaking

Hey guys, The valve that goes to my washing machine is leaking when I open it. The leak comes from the black arrow in the image. I would like to know if the part circled in red is a nut that I can tighten to solve the problem. Note: I tried but that piece didn't move (maybe I need to apply more...
  3. chris0729

Need help identifying adaptor for washing machine tap

Hello all! I just received a new washing machine at home, but unable to install it. Problem: The tap is too close to the wall, and there's not enough space to connect waching machine inlet pipe to the tap. Need help with: Identifying an adaptor that can connect to the tap without touching the...
  4. McFresh

Washing Machine Discharge issues...

So I've owned this home since Dec. 2020. Since the beginning, my washing machine area has been getting flooded. There seems to be a few issues. I've bandaged one issue by just using a bucket to collect overflow. But the other is there still seems to be a huge amounts of water that appears on...
  5. T

2 washing machines into one 2” drain

Hello! I have a duplex that I would like to install a 2nd washer so each tenant has their own machines. Would I be able to get away with using the 2” stand pipe to drain both washing machines?! I could increase the 2” standpipe to 3” then just put a Y that each hose went in. Everything from the...
  6. T

Confusing Washer Outlet Issue

After 4 years of no issues, our washing machine has developed a new problem. We have a double drain outlet box in the wall, with the washer pipe in the left. When the washer goes to drain the water, the water will fill up and come out the right drain and spill onto the floor and wall after...
  7. B

Washing machine in basement - Drain pump / Check Valve question.

We have a septic system. The washing machine is in the basement now, but want to move to the other side of the hall. It is currently draining to a different drain. I want to put a bathtub in that location (different drain though) so don't want to plumb to the exiting drain if possible...
  8. SSpeer

Washing Machine Drain Into Sewer

How would I take a drain line from a washing machine (which pumps the water at a pretty high rate) and insert it in the side of this PVC fitting where the red spot is? This is the final pipe out to the sewer for the entire house. Can I drill a hole and make some kind of waterproof connection...
  9. B

Washing Machine Water Coming Up in Kitchen Sink Help

I keep getting different answers - some plumbers think the washing machine hookup is bad and another one doesn't know what the issue is. We inherited this home and the old washing machine. When it comes up in the sink it goes back down when the water is let out. No other plumbing issues in house...
  10. A

Can I add a washer and connect to drain under a sink?

I have a utility sink. Id like to put a clothes washer in the next room along the same wall. My question, can i punch thru the wall with some piping and connect the drainage from the washer to the existing drain lines under the sink? Bad drawing attached. Hoping for any advice if this is...
  11. B

Compact format water softener

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground floor but this costs a fortune over the long run and is frankly a ballache when you're on the 12th floor. A colossal waste of time. Not to mention...
  12. D

Washing machine and utility sink?

I have a washing machine that drains into a utility sink. The sink is always a problem, and I’d like to get rid of it. Can I just run a pipe up the wall and attach the washing machine hose to it or do I need more parts? If so what do I need?
  13. R

Downstairs Toilet Bubble Explosion, Floor Drain Overflows -No Apparent Clog in Plumbing or Vent Pipe

Hi all, This past Summer we purchased our first house, a split-level from the 1960's. With this purchase we had the sewer line inspected by camera and cleaned a couple months after we moved in. Since we've had the house, the basement toilet splashes when upstairs toilet is flushed. These...
  14. G

Sick of mopping up the floor

I have been having trouble with my washer machine drain overflowing after large loads . The grey washer machine hose drains into the 2” standpipe which sits about 1 1/2 ft higher than the washer. After a few overflows, I tried a new, taller standpipe and that did not help. Above the Sani-tee is...
  15. J

Install Sump Pump Check Valve on Washing Laundry Machine

Just purchased a Everbuilt THD1020 (In-Line Sump Pump Check Valve) , and installed in the back hose of our washing machine. The original hose would leak detergent soap and water. Is it a good practice to install In-Line check valves like this on laundry machines? Are there any negative...
  16. N

Washing Machine Drain Overflows

Very slow draining of washing machine. Same Master plumber I used in 3/2018 for same reason came out this July. Told last year that wye was installed backwards when piping replaced in 2002. No clogs between ‘02 and ‘18. After 4 hrs of snaking clog couldn’t be removed. I was told I need to...
  17. J

Add washing machine drain

I would like to add a washing machine drain to our laundry area. Currently, the drain goes into the sink but I am looking for a cleaner method. Looking at the picture, the sink drains into the largest pipe and has a vent that is the left verticle pipe. The middle verticle pipe goes into the...
  18. Soquilii

Mobile Home Laundry Room Hissing!

I have a 20-year-old mobile home and just now discovered a hiss in the laundry room emanating from behind the washer. It sounds exactly like air, not water! There is no water on the floor and I don't feel water coming through the pipes to or from the washer. When I turned the washer on, it...
  19. C

Washing machine hose below floor level

Hi everyone, I re-arranging my kitchen and would like to install the washing machine with the following setup. I will cut a trench in the concrete below the wooden floor to fit the hose. Do you think that would work? Thanks for your help and advice :)
  20. A

Water hammer after new washer part installed

I've never had an issue with water hammer in my house until a couple months ago. The fill valve on our newer LG washer went bad. Because we had the extended warranty I just called the company and they sent a tech. He confirmed it was the fill valve and replaced it the next day. Ever since...
Back