shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Shower trim choice advice for low water pressure

I have 40 psi water pressure in a 2-store townhouse and am looking for a shower trim that can handle such low water pressure. Currently, I am considering Delta shower trims and can't decide on H2Okinetic technology, In2ition or a separate head shower head and a handheld (which can handle better...
  2. M

Brick Shower Demo

Hi everyone! We've had a bathroom shower that we never use because the previous homeowners decided to use half brick panels, almost like tiles of brick, as the wall's and floor. It gets moldy almost immediately with use, and it is a cleaning nightmare even if we routinely reseal it with a...
  3. gerrg

Is a flex pipe okay for a shower drain in the P trap?

We had a contractor do our shower recently, and after several issues we're questionining more and more all the things where "this this is fine don't worry about it" essentially. One of these things is on the shower drain. The drain needed to be moved over about 1.5 ft or so. To do that, some...
  4. J

Please help to identify replacement for shower handle

I need help identifying replacement for my shower handle. One corner of the shower handle is damaged so it does not seat well onto the cartridge. When cartridge was replaced 2 years ago I believe plumber said it is Delta. The connection between the cartridge and handle has 4 straight edges...
  5. S

Help troubleshooting a plumbing issue

Hello. I am new here. Posting to ask about an issue I am having. I am not a pro just a DIY guy who likes to learn. Question: I have a posi-temp moen single-handle shower system with no balancing valve. Uses a Moen 1222 cart. The tub spout had a constant small drip/stream of water coming from...
  6. E

Showers will not get Hot

Questions for the gurus out there: I recently bought a 17 year old house in the DFW area and it has propane appliances. There is an electric recirculator that is operated by buttons at all the faucets and is on a timer. The house has Delta Monitor faucets throughout the house and I have had to...
  7. ned8675309

Shower drain pipe placement?

An assistant plumber decided to run the pipe through the wall, rather than taking the most direct line, which would be from the shower drain to the main drain in a straight shot. When we asked the head plumber why this was done, he said he didn't know. Because we are forbidden to cut into the...
  8. S

Shower Valve Troubles

I'm having a problem with my moen posi temp shower valve. So I have a tankless water heater, im in the process of fixing the elements right now so i can't actually test for hot water, but I can turn the water back on. I replaced the shower valve as it was giving me issues. Here's the problem...
  9. I

Missing p trap in shower and I think my contractor is lying… am I wrong ?

Hi. I recently completed a condo renovation. My contractor had a plumber come do some work like the new shower. Since, I’ve had horrible sewage smell in my bathroom and master bedroom. At night it’s unbearable. I attached photos. Here’s what it looked like before they finished the platform...
  10. operator

Trouble fitting replacement shower drain cover

Hi, I'm trying to replace a shower drain cover with one that has smaller holes, but I can't find an exact match. The cover is 4 1/4 inches. The issue is that the original one (1st attachment) has two triangular prongs and the replacement (3rd attachment) has four smaller ones. Does anyone know...
  11. H

Mysterious sediment substance clogging hot water lines

Hello, We have had a mysterious problem for the last two months at our house. There has been a persistent flow of some sort of sediment that is clogging everything on the hot water side. Our setup: City water --> softener --> tankless heater We also have a recirculation loop with a small 6...
  12. mcurrie84

(Almost) No Hot Water Out of Shower/Tub Faucet

I am a new homeowner and am learning the ropes. We have a tankless coil water heater on our oil furnace. The hot water pressure in the entire house leaves a lot to be desired and has gotten worse as of late. I suspect the coils need to be cleaned and I'll get to that as soon as I can. However...
  13. rob weaver

Fiberglass tub drain keeps leaking...

I've got a Fiberglass tub, cannot get the gasket to seal at the drain. Keeps leaking from below, thus cause our floor to rot underneath. Seems like the drain opening isn't level. Is there any way to fix this? Would sanding or JB WaterWeld work?
  14. rob weaver

Shower faucet line help.

Ok, I know it looks bad lol. I can't remember what type of metal connector was used on the 2 line behind tube. Looks like a washer and screw on fitting. I've ran new pex and cut offs up to it but need new connectors. PLEASE HELP.
  15. D

Wood rot under shower

So I got my shower pan and everything else out, as I suspected there is a little wood rot. Most of it is solid and everything is dry but there are some small soft spots in the very outside corners. We aren’t wanting to remove the existing bathroom floor. For the new shower we are going to use...
  16. D

How to remove shower drain

So I’ve gotten this far, castle nut removed and to the rubber seal. The shower pan acts like it’s still attached. Could anyone help me with what I need to do now to get this thing out? Thanks in advance
  17. Khalin Mccabe

Shower valve remove

Hi I am replacing a shower valve that is giving issue I was only problem is I haven't seen one like this one and can't figure out where to begin removal has anyone here seen this and how did you get around it?
  18. G

Shower head spontaneously starts dripping.

What causes a shower head to spontaneously start dripping? The shower's water is totally turned off at the single lever control at the shower and at the control for the shower wand which is located approximately 6 feet away. It happens when no one has used the shower for hours or even a day or...
  19. H

Stuck Screw Stops on Shower

I need to replace the cartridge on my Kohler shower. I am trying to turn the screw stops to shut the water off at the shower but they are stuck. I have tried with about 80% force in either direction but they will not budge. Should I try turning the screw with greater force? Can I break...
  20. magictrampnj

Would I be able to buy that small plastic part only?

(no luck in HD/Lowe's nor nearby small shop so far)
Back