copper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Teaching myself to solder - tear me apart

Hello all! Love the forum here! As titled, I've taken on teaching myself to solder. I watched every single one of xxxxxx videos on Youtube on soldering as well as a ton of others before even attempting my first one. Went out and bought a few feet at Home Depot as well as some different fittings...
  2. D

Leak at 1" copper to pex connection

Hi, I found dampness in my garage and investigated to find that there's a leak where a copper pipe connects to a pex tube. How should I replace that fitting? Looks like it goes from copper to pex to another pex. Was that done just to bridge the gap? Also this is the house hot water supply line...
  3. Andrei

Caulk / Silicone to seal around copper pipe

Need to seal gaps around copper pipe that is coming out of a dry wall.. Looking for a type of silicone / caulk that would do the job without corroding copper pipe.. Any brand recommendation, or type that I can grab from Lowe's or HD? Thanks!
  4. G

Is there California law regarding asbestos testing before plumber can inspect a leak?

a week after moving into a 1973 year built house in Costa Mesa California, a leak was noted in the wall. A couple days goes by before Home warranty program sent local plumber out and he looked at the wet wall for a couple seconds and walked out saying we need asbestos testing first before he...
  5. R

Copper pipe, brass valve, corrosion

Hi all, Some years ago I installed a brass valve on a hot water pipe just after the heater. It's developed a lot of corrosion - see pic. Almost certain I was told by the vendor that brass to copper was ok. Anyway, I'll replace the valve. Should I install a dielectric union to prevent this...
  6. D

hole in tub fill copper pipe

Hi, I have discovered the 1/2" copper pipe that comes from the wall to fill my tub has a hole caused by the set screw + excessive yanking on the shower diverter. Water was leaking back into the wall. The hole into the wall didn't have any caulking or other sealant - I plan to seal it up. What...
  7. M

Possible failing or staining on copper pipe

Hello All, was fixing a pinhole leak in my 2" copper drain pipe (from kitchen) and noticed discoloration along the underside of the pipe; most of pipe is dark/blackish, but there is a shinny (like new copper) 'vein' running along the length. Pictures are attached. Don't know if this is...
  8. T

Need help after new jacuzzi installed -45 min to fill tub

I need some ideas. My contractor's plumber and the city permit guy don't seem to know what to do and I don't have the money for questionable guys to run up a bill for no reason. We had a cast iron tub which worked fine for 30 yrs. Then we got flooded and decided to put in a jacuzzi...
  9. B

Copper to IPS valve

I want to connect the copper Hot and Cold lines to a Thermostatic valve. The Thermostatic valve has three male IPS fittings. I will also need a couple of check valves; most I have seen are female IPS to female IPS. Ideally I'd like to use a union, so I can remove the valve if I have too, but...
Back